Why Hallowe’en is a “great” or “not a great” holiday night?

20 Comments on Why Hallowe’en is a “great” or “not a great” holiday night?

1. amber
    October 30, 2008 at 4:06 pm (15 years ago)

Trick-Or-Treat!Halloween is the best night ever!You can enjoy time with friends,eat candy and dress up as what every person or thing you want!It is the 2’nd best time to pull pranks on people.It is a scary, tasty, fun time.When ever i finish trick-or-treating i always trade candy with friends.Halloween is the 1 of the best holidays ever!HAPPY HALLOWEEN!-BOO!

2. Megan
    October 30, 2008 at 4:19 pm (15 years ago)

BOO! Hi my name is Megan and I’m here to tell you why I love Halloween .I love Halloween because I love to dress up and be something I’m not. Like a vampire or a dice or maybe even a boy. I also like Halloween because you get candy to last you a month. And finally I LOVE Halloween because its fun to go out and get the candy and see what peoples houses are decorated as and what people are wearing and get good ideas for the next year.

3. Manish
    October 30, 2008 at 4:23 pm (15 years ago)

Halloween is an international holiday celebrated on October 31. Halloween activities include trick-or-treating, ghost tours, bonfires, costume parties, visiting haunted attractions, carving jack-o’-lanterns.Halloween night is a great night because you can go trick-or-treating and get lots of different candies.Also you can tell scary stories around a bonfire.And you can watch scary movies in the dark.You can wear different colorful and scary costumes and go to costume parties without anybody knowing your true identity.Your candy will last you for the next 5 months or so.Later in the night you can visit hunted houses and scare their pants off!You can also carve the jack-o-lanterns into happy and scary faces.Henceforth, Halloween is the best night of October

4. moksha
    October 30, 2008 at 4:29 pm (15 years ago)

BOO! Ha Ha Ha I scared you. Halloween is a great night because I love to scare people out and I love to carve pumpkins. Second thing that I love about Halloween is that you get candy and some unhealthy food’s. It can harm your body by holding the candy bag. Third thing that I love about Halloween is that you get to dress in different costume and wear mask’s. Parents might take out the bad candy because it can give you cavities and bad for your teeth’s. Okay know I wish a really scary Halloween and don’t get scared by the scary people and the pumpkins. Bye!!!!

5. ryan
    October 30, 2008 at 4:38 pm (15 years ago)

I think Hallowe’en is great holiday because it lets you meet new people and have fun. Parents don’t usually let kids go out side at night but on Hallowe’en you get to go out side at night. And lots of parents don’t let kids have candy and you can get it on Hallowe’en night. And that is why i think Hallowe’en is a good holiday.

6. Theron
    October 30, 2008 at 4:47 pm (15 years ago)

Halloween is a great holiday night because you can dress up in different costume.Both adults and kids dress up like thier favourite characters.There are lots of halloween parties and kids enjoy trick a treating.Kids have the most fun because there are lots and lots of candies!

7. Sameer
    October 30, 2008 at 4:57 pm (15 years ago)

Halloween……….Its greatest thing in the world! Halloween is great for me since you go to door to door ,and then you just simply say those magical 3 words and then you get so many candy like maynards, and kit-kat. So every “kid” obviously would love Halloween to me plus you can make scary faces to scare the people so much. Even some cultures who don’t celebrate Halloween so what go to house without a costume and just colour your face. Also Halloween is also good in a way that for people its the first holiday of the school ear you get first.

So all of you kids out there who ARE gonna trick or treat remember these great historical words. TRICK OR TREAT SMELL MY FEAT GIVE ME SOMETHING GOOD TO EAT IF YOU DON’T I DON’T CARE I’LL JUST PULL DOWN YOUR UNDERWEAR 😀

8. Ayesha
    October 30, 2008 at 5:04 pm (15 years ago)

Hey people!!!!
    I think that Halloween is a great holiday night because you get to dress up, have fun, decorate your house and get LOTS of candy (trust me it lasts for a year or two but for some people, a day!!). Dressing up for Halloween is a lot of fun because you can be whoever you want to be (except Dora, Barney, Teletubbies and Winnie the Pooh! Okay, just for fifth graders) and you can pretend to be that person! (If you want, I’m not saying you have to, you can be yourself!) I am going to be Princess Peach from Mario (don’t laugh I got my eyes on you.) You also get LOTS of candy by going trick-or-treating. Last year when I went trick-or-treating, I had a HUMOUNGUS pile of candy! It was like 12 cm high! Now back to what we were talking about.
    You can have A LOT of fun while trick-or-treating. If you get bored or something, if you brought your DS, PLAY IT! Or if you didn’t, play chopsticks or a hand game with a brother or sister! Your brother probably won’t want to play. If you don’t have a brother or sister (here we go again) ONE, PLAY CHOPSTICKS BY YOURSELF (YOU’LL PROBABLY LOSE), TWO, COUNT THE STARS IN THE SKY, THREE, GO HOME OR FINALLY, FOUR, KEEP ON TRICK-OR-TREATING!!!!!
    Another good way to make your Halloween fun is decorate your house!!! You can carve pumpkins and put them by your door (make them scary to scare the little kids! Just kidding! No really.) You can hang ghosts by the lights or put ghosts that light up. A really good idea is go on Google and try to find a witch cackle, record it on an empty disc, and if you have a boombox or CD player put it outside and when the kids come, you can play it to scare them. Those are my good, no GREAT reasons that Halloween is a REALLY FUN & GREAT holiday night. Some people can’t or aren’t allowed to celebrate Halloween or trick-or-treat so I think they do something more fun like go on the computer for the whole day or play videogames for the whole day or should I say NIGHT.
    I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE PARTY AND I REALLY WANT TO SEE EVERYBODY’S COSTUMES!! I WONDER WHO DRESSES UP AS WHAT FOR THE HALLOWEEN PARTY.
    SEE YA AT THE PARTY!
    BY: AYESHA 🙂 😉 :p 😀 8)

9. Dante Jakupovski
    October 30, 2008 at 5:53 pm (15 years ago)

Hallowen is not a great holiday, if it’s a holiday shouldn’t you get a day off of school and work? Why isn’t it during the whole day? Why? I tell you why to scare you silly and for what, a little bit of candy! I could get some candy for less then a buck.
    After you go trick or treating you go to bed thinking about monsters and stuff that could kill you after going to a very scary house. Lots of people that used to do it don’t what to do it any more. Why? Because it isn’t a good holiday. I don’t like to get scared and think of things that will kill you. Do you?

10. Esther
    October 30, 2008 at 6:07 pm (15 years ago)

BOO!!!! It’s me, here to talk about the spookiest day of the year….HALLOWEEN.
    Halloween is a great night cause you get to get candy by trick-or-treating (I still have two chocolate bars from last year). There are also cool costumes to see like witches, ghosts, skeletons, princesses, clowns, and other creepy things. (Although some costumes are not really scary)
    Did u know that Halloween is also called “All Hallows Eve” or “All Saints’ Eve”?
    There are also some haunted attractions like a haunted house.
    People put many other things as decorations like spiders, skulls, and people even carve jack-o-lanterns.
    For treats they make Halloween cookies, pumpkin seeds (we made some after carving our jack-o-lanterns …. they were awesome!!) and Halloween donuts. Schools usually have parties and costume parades.

And now a message from flow the ghost
    Flow: hey kids. are u excited about Halloween? Well, I sure am cause I get 2 haunt u
    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Me: sorry about that. She loves to haunt people. Anyways, like flow said, have a spooooooooky Halloween!!!!!!!!!!

Esther – 🙂 😀 😉 😛 8) 🙂

11. Maddie
    October 30, 2008 at 6:19 pm (15 years ago)

I think Hallowe’en is a great holiday night because it allows kids to dress up, let loose and eat ALOT of candy! For one night you can express yourself, act silly and outrageous and not have to worry about people judging you. Hallowe’en is not a serious holiday. It’s just about kids having fun and that’s the best part about it!

12. Cameron McCabe
    October 30, 2008 at 6:21 pm (15 years ago)

BY:Cameron

I love Halloween because You get candy, dress up in costumes and decorate your house. After you get to eat all your candy. At school there is a party too and we get to bring electronics too. It is also awsome to go to other peoples creapy houses.

Sincerely, Cameron Mcabe

13. Niharika
    October 30, 2008 at 6:47 pm (15 years ago)

BOO!Its Halloween!Is halloween great or not great you ask?Well I think its not great! Its more than GREAT!I think that because Halloween is a night of FUN,CANDY,and spook!Its a great celebration to put up decorations and a fun time for us kids.In this celbration we dress up and we go around hous to house for candy.The most fun part is the candy!Your candy atleast stays for 3-4 months or more!AHHHHHHH ghosts after me better run!HAPPY HALLOWEEN!:)

14. ali
    October 31, 2008 at 6:32 am (15 years ago)

Boo!If you ever wnat candy again,read what I have to say about halloween!Halloween is amazing.In fact,we would probably eat over 50 percent less of candy each year if we didn’t go trick-or-treating.On halloween day, you get to see what your friends look like in chep imitations or scary animations!You also get to go in the afternoon[and sometimes in the night!] to stranger’s houses and take some good candy.It’s like stealing except you don’t get in trouble for it!Also,your costumes can be anything.You could be superman, or a banana!If you don’t like halloween,that’s okay,but your kinda saying you don’t like costumes,candy,or basically stealing from people.So,’HAPPY HALLOWEEN’!

15. marcel

boo!! hope i scared and if i didn’t wait untill night time you better watch out and keep you eyes open.I love Halloween its one of my favouite holliday’s the first best reason is because you get free candy how cool is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the second best reson is because you get to eat all of it.the third best reason is that you get to scare people and it might be funnt to us but them i dont know but hey thats what Halloweem is all about

16. niraj
    October 31, 2008 at 6:44 am (15 years ago)

BOO! I love Halloween for many reasons such as… it is the only cellebration at night, and it is the sweetest too! Halloween is also a time to drees up really scary!Such as ghosts vampiere’s and ghouls. This spooky cellebration is my favourite out of the rest in that year for example Easter,Cristmas and new years. Also if you are in school you most likley will have a party. If parents are reading this then you can tell your kids before they go trick or treat there is NO such thing as ghosts.In halloween you can start early so you get the best candy and you can go to sleep on time. HALLOWEEN RULES!!! Make sure you take a flashlight.
    By: Niraj

17. Aqsa
    October 31, 2008 at 6:59 am (15 years ago)

YO YO YO PEEPS!
    I ♥ howl-o-ween because I ♥ to see people ☺ have a good time! Im going as a witch. K, so howl-o-ween is an awesome holiday because u get to dress up and get candy and have fun! ☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻ some howl-o-ween tips are:
    1.get as much candy as you can
    2.be sure to go into a scary garage if u can
    3.Dress up or you wont get candy
    4. HAVE FUN=)

18. Tara
    October 31, 2008 at 7:02 am (15 years ago)

Boo! halloween is one of the greatest days in my life. Do you know why becuase I get a lot of candy and this halloween it is on Friday so you get to stay up late, eat candy and watch t.v.Guess what all of my friends and I are all being dead cheer leaders.All the same costums. We are also going trick or treating together.We also have a cheer,and this is it.C.A.N.D.Y candys got some alibi it’s tasty ha ha it’s tasty trick or treat.It is so much fun halloween to bad it is only for one day.Okay time to go but have a happy HALLOWEEN!

19. NIKITA
    October 31, 2008 at 7:18 am (15 years ago)

BOOOOOOO!Trick-or-Treating time is here the most scariest and best night of the year!

Why I think Halloween is the best time of the year,
    You get to:
    -go trick or treating-with or without your friends
    -lots of candy
    -dress up cute or scary
    -dress up at school-if you want

You can get ideas for costumes from other people ,decorate your home with spooky things&scare people by hiding in a corner where no one sees you and then jump out at them.

You get tons of candy that will most likely last you a month&the ones that know one likes you can through it out.

I Also like Halloween because you get lost and lost and lost of CANDY!!!

SOOOO, THIS IS WHY I THINK HALLOWEEN IS THE BEST AND SCARYEST NIGTH OF THE YEAR!!
    NIKITA- 🙂 😀 😛 8) 😉

20. zoha
    November 16, 2008 at 11:04 am (15 years ago)

zoha on October 30, 2008 3:18 pm Your comment is awaiting moderation.

BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IT’S HALLOWEEN YEAH RIGHT ON! want to know why Halloween is the best well you get dressed up to where s-p-o-o-k-y,scary and cute coustumes TO GET… CANDY yummy,yummy CANDY!!!plus you know that in Halloween it’s always thought as it is spooky well also they put up HAUNTED HOUSE’S (AWSOME).My favourite part of Halloween is CANDY,CANDY and lots of CANDY!!!next i would like is the HAUNTED HOUSE because you get extra CANDY and i love spooky stuff.But coustumes are kinda boring cause you wear them only once a year and trash you keep on buying different things every year and it go’s on and on and on.Oh i also forgot that decorations in decorations i like to put up web’s,fake spider’s and pumkins but i don’t like to put anything more then 4 decorations up for Halloween.