What does Fall mean to you?

One day of summer left (officially)

According to our calendar, September 22nd is the 1st day of fall.

Example to follow (read first)

Fall is…

Fall is a time of comfort and change. It consists of days where you want to curl up and watch a movie under a warm blanket. Fall is a time of year that brings the end of hot weather…so it’s time to wear jeans more often than shorts.Fall is seen in the fun of picking out a pumpkin. Fall is apple picking. Fall is getting outdoors and going for a bike ride. Fall is great golf and the beginning of football. Fall is slowly falling red and orange leaves. Fall is a season that brings hope that winter doesn’t come for a while.
Fall is a season of comfort and change

21 Comments on What does Fall mean to you?

1. tj
    September 20, 2010 at 3:49 pm (14 years ago)

fall makes me happy because it is my birthday in october and it is holloween time and hockey starts in the fall

2. Raquel
    September 20, 2010 at 4:06 pm (14 years ago)

Fall is the seasons of changes. It is when all the leaves turn different colours, such as red orange and yellow. Fall is when the weather gets cold. Fall is when birds fly south. Fall is when nights get longer and days get shorter. Fall is when popsicle go and hot chocolate comes. Fall is when HALLOWEEN starts to roll in. Fall is time to get the snow suits out. Fall is when swimsuits go away.
    Fall is the season of changes.

3. Tanya

Fall means a lot it’s one of my favourite seasons! You can wear your favourite sweaters, jeans and shirts!! The weather is cool not too hot and not too cold! The leaves change colour from green to yellow, red and yellow! Fall is a time to rake up the leaves and jump in the BIG pile of leaves! =) You can also play so many games outside like going to pay golf or playing some basketball outside! It is some great exercise! Get a hot coco while your ate home bundle up and watch your favourite TV. show! It’s not that different from the hot summer all there is a few adjustments!

BYEEEEEEE

4. Sofia
    September 20, 2010 at 4:35 pm (14 years ago)

Fall is a Season that tells you that winter is almost here. you get that warm fuzzy feeling at fall it shows the colours of trees of there inside and fall just lets you know that you can take your time and wait unt’ll winter you can.

Sometimes fall can be bad news and sometimes good because of how it is, but the best part of fall for me is that halloween comes at that time of season. You get to carve your own pumpkin at school sometimes.

love,
    Sofia. Sultani

5. jr mohan
    September 20, 2010 at 5:02 pm (14 years ago)

im kind of sad that fall is over but now we will have cooler weather and the leafs will change. its actually kind of weird because today i was finishing the stranger and i thought he was fall. now back to the main idea, i think now more people will start dressing warmley because winters just around the corner. maybe the flowers will close up on the first day you never know whats going to happen. i am just guessing whats going th happen but i think the year will still be the same. people will might do the same stuff they do now but its still gona be great

6. Jacob No
    September 20, 2010 at 5:24 pm (14 years ago)

Fall is…
    Fall is a time when the leaves turn to different colors. I like the color red the best. We also make big piles of leaves and then jump on it with a big CRUNCH! It is more cold than summer. Fall is a season when you want to watch a movie under a warm comfy blanket. It is a good time to pick apples and pumpkins. Fall is a good time for roasting marshmallows. It’s also a good time to think of what creepy costume you are going to wear for Halloween. Fall is the best and I mean best time to ride a bike…you won’t sweat as much. 🙂

7. Ryan
    September 20, 2010 at 6:56 pm (14 years ago)

Fall is the best season of the year. My reasons are that it’s always the right temperature it’s not cold or hot its always warm. My other reason is that the leaves are on the ground and they are beautiful because there are so many colours like, red, orange and yellow. The other reason is that we make leaf piles and then we jump in them. It’s the time to pick out the most scary costumes for halloween. The most favorite thing is that you get to pick pumpkins and cook the seeds and eat them and make pumpkin soup. My last reason is that it is the best time for sports and it would not be too hot that the sun is blazing on you , and it is not cold so it’s the perfect thing. That is all my reasons why I love fall! bye

8. Tushar Nair
    September 20, 2010 at 8:22 pm (14 years ago)

Well i dont really like fall much because its a sign that winter is almost here but i do like it because my favourite holiday, Halloween is here, and the weather is geting cooler and the leaves are turnig orange and yellow and red. You will also have to start wearing sweaters and stuff and you can start playing some sports like ice hockey, so thats what i think about fall. By Tushar.

9. Matthew
    September 20, 2010 at 8:45 pm (14 years ago)

Fall is a time to pack up your beach balls and bathing suits and get ready to rake the leaves.Better make sure you get out there early because the days get shorter.

Fall is one of my favorite seasons because I get to go apple picking at my grandma’s apple orchard.Cant you smell that fresh baked apple pie mmmmmmmmm:D

10. imran alli
    September 20, 2010 at 9:10 pm (14 years ago)

I am sad that summer is over it will start getting coolder because winter is getting closer every day.And it is time to put a way shorts,t shirts,roller blades and most of all my bike I love bikeing it is my favorite sport.Also I will miss all the family picnics during the summer It`s time to take out my heavy coats,boots,snow pants, hats and gloves which takes a really long time to put on and lots of snow to clean. I love haveing snow ball fights, makeing snow forts.Fall is a season of changes so I will be looking forward for changes.

11. nagarajanboy
    September 20, 2010 at 9:16 pm (14 years ago)

fall is great time when great events happen like halloween. You can order pizza and call your neighbours over to
    watch hockey .You can get a good book and curl by a fire.
    Get a job by raking leaves for old people (charge $3.99)
    or for free . Just letting you know T.J or J.R (halloween
    is Lord Hades God of the underworlds birthday) please wish
    him TEE HEE!!!!

12. Ahkash
    September 20, 2010 at 10:04 pm (14 years ago)

I got good news and bad news, OK let’s get rid of the bad news, first of all fall is the END OF SUMMER!!!! which is bad….very bad….I mean it is VERY VERY BAD!!!, that is why I hate fall. But one reason is not enough to totally hate fall, there is a lot of good news , first fall is not to cold or to hot, not only that you never sweat in this weather, you can still ride your bike and other stuff on wheels, and the trees look very nice when they turn into different coulers, this is the good thing about fall….I mean good……no really I mean good

13. Adi
    September 20, 2010 at 10:19 pm (14 years ago)

FALL

Fall is a beautiful time of the year,
    When there are lots of pears.
    Watch out for what you wear,
    Get ready with your gear.

Halloween is the time to be scared,
    Of the many screams that are prepared.
    Trick-or-treat on Halloween night,
    Give everyone a huge fright.

Red, orange, yellow, green
    Some of the colours to be seen.
    Take a car, go for a ride,
    Look at the beautiful scene outside.

Leaves, leaves everywhere,
    There`s not a place they spare.
    Harvest apples, harvest corn,
    It`s time for winter to be born.

Bye, bye barbeques bye, bye beaches,
    That`s what Mr. Woods teaches.

14. Brandon
    September 21, 2010 at 9:33 am (14 years ago)

Fall is good it is especially good this year because during summer i got a band and am having my first performance this Friday playing one of the opening acts the Streetsville music and arts festival. it is also good because my little sister is having her birthday at wonderland. That’s why fall is good this year.

15. Brandon
    September 21, 2010 at 9:35 am (14 years ago)

Fall is good it is especially good this year because during summer I got a band and am having my first performance this Friday playing one of the opening acts the Streetsville music and arts festival. it is also good because my little Rhyan sister is having her birthday at wonderland. That’s why fall is good this year.

16. vanessa
    September 21, 2010 at 4:44 pm (14 years ago)

fall is one of those great time of year because it’s MY biRTHDAY. Thats is when it gets cold and all you fell like doing is siting in front of the fire having anice warm cup of hot chocolate! I LOVE FALL!

from vanessa

17. maya
    September 21, 2010 at 5:28 pm (14 years ago)

fall is my favourite time of year beacuse it’s like pre-winter and it’s the start of new things. the best part of fall is it the start of the hockey season.:D lots of sports about starting like snowbording and skiing. i am getting ready for ice fishing also.

another one of the great thing about fall is the leaves fall and change colour and i love pumpkin picking. i love jumping into leaf piles too..

i look forward to meeting up with old friends and meeting new friends.

most people don’t like fall but i do.

by: Maya

18. Becca
    September 21, 2010 at 7:52 pm (14 years ago)

Fall is important to me because Halloween is here and you get to dress funny. Fall reminds us that winter will soon be here plus you can spend time with your familly on Thanksgiving. It is a very colourful time with all the leaves changing colours from green to red, orange and yellow. So that is why I like fall.

19. Alia Hassan
    September 21, 2010 at 8:00 pm (14 years ago)

When I think Fall,I think the colors, chillie mornings and nights, leaves falling to the ground, I think long sleeve shirts, pants, jakets, and sweaters. Fall is when you see people in their yard raking up leaves. Kids talking to their friends about what their Halloween costume will be……, Kids running on the street on that very day laughing and talking all around the neighborhood going door to door saying Trick-or-treat! When you get so happy….with an exited expression on their face. When you think Fall you think going to School. Fall is fun, say bye to pool party’s and beaches and hi to cool days and playing in leaves!

20. Maitri
    September 22, 2010 at 4:50 pm (14 years ago)

I love fall.Fall is great because of halloween.Fall comes starts at oct 30. It is my favorite holiday.But this year I won’t be able to celebrate it because I am busy that day.

I also love fall because I get to rake the leaves.When I rake the leaves,it feels like you are a big adult doing adult work.Plus I love doing nature work.

I mostly love fall because how it looks like.It is so beatiful because of all different kinds of coulers like red,orange,yellow,green.In Amarica I saw bunch of different coulered trees on mountains.It was soooooo beautiful!!

When winter comes it a’int that beutiful any more because now all the leaves are falling of the trees.

That is all I got to say but stay tune because I will be right back at Mrwoods.edublogs.org

21. jahkubb
    October 22, 2010 at 4:46 pm (13 years ago)

Hallween is my favourite time of the year because you get to scare people and I love to scare people and most people do. Also you get to were the costume that you think will scare people. 3 good things and 2 bad things,1 good thing, is that you get candy. 1 bad thing, you can get sick. The second good thing, is that you can do it with your friends. The second bad thing, is that the candy can have poison in it. And the last good thing, is that you have fun.