Tuesday things

Gym tomorrow.

Comment on video if you like. How are they persuading you with their product in this video, even though the first time it not clear what product is being sold. 

Is this a let down for you as someone who likes good moviews or is this just brilliant advertising?

13 Comments on Tuesday things

1. jr mohan
    October 26, 2010 at 5:53 pm (13 years ago)

to me making this commercial is a waist of money because if use that kind of money for that commercial you will have to cut some money out of the workers payment to actually pay for that commercial. to me this commercial has nothing to do with shampoo. if they didn’t say that it was for shampoo i think no body will get close to that guess to shampoo.

2. Sofia
    October 26, 2010 at 6:30 pm (13 years ago)

Hi

first of all thanx for putting some blog homework up for me !

In my opinion the commercail is a nice one but that does not go with the panteen product, but the ending part of it is kind of related to the panteen cause of the movement in the air. First of all the commercail was good but instead of it to be a commercail it should of been a movie trailer or something.

This is not advertising i mean like wasting all that time and money thats just like a fail for pantene like seriously. Who wastes all that time and all that money for a long commercail that doesn’t even make any sense for the product.

Personally i liked the commercail its just that the commercail was all wronge for the product. I mean that commercail could of been a movie trailer but NNNOOOO it had to be for a shampoo bottle.

huuuhhh

anyways bye

Love your BEST student,

Sofia.
    Sultani

.P.S. The shampoo Pantene is actually a great company for hair BUT VERY BAD AT MAKING COMMERCAILS.

byebye :P:P

3. imran alli
    October 26, 2010 at 7:00 pm (13 years ago)

I think it is a brilliant advertistment because it does’t matter how damaged your hair is, it does’t matter what colour your hair is or texture it always works so you should try it.

4. Tyler
    October 27, 2010 at 4:18 pm (13 years ago)

I think this commercial is okay. I think that because the pantene logo is ‘will make you shine’ and in the commercial the hair is shiny because of the pantene probably, and she is also ‘shining’ or in other words, being a star on the stage. The pantene commercial is okay but I think they should make it more obvious that it is a commercial for shampoo. If the people who were making this commercial made it easier to understand that this commercial was for pantene, I probably would have liked it more because you spend most of your time trying to figure out what the commercial is for and you don’t have time to actually focus on the actual commercial itself. This commercial would have been very good if they told what they were selling at the beginning instead of the end.

5. vanessa
    October 27, 2010 at 4:37 pm (13 years ago)

the is a really weird video like who would think that it is for pantene that is just crazy my dad guessed that it you can be anything you want to!

they make seem so intense that some people might even end up crying, or getteing teirs is thier eyes. everyone wants to bye it because at the end it says you can shine. so people know think that if you bye panteen you will be a great violin player and a horrible piano player.

it’s a let down to me because it dosen’t talk about any shampoo stuff but just a littile bit at the end just 10% because of the way the hair moves. it is also brillint because the people who bye it will think that the will be a great violin player.

bye Vanessa (your best student)

6. Alia Hassan
    October 27, 2010 at 4:52 pm (13 years ago)

this commercial is so touching…. seriously I almost cried! But, just to by shampoo, if they wanted money so much they should just make a movie about a deaf girl who wants to play violent and people don’t believe in her accept the old man who dies and makes her win a piano competion, I would watch it! Patene is spending too much for this. It is a brilliant advertisment but, it’s a little to much don’t you think?! i loved it… it just shouldn’t be about hair that what makes it dumb because it makes it more making fun of the deaf person, they should of made it a person not daef, blind or disabled. This commercial was beautiful and heart touching though! It was better than allot of commercials i have to say! – Alia 8) 🙂 :0

7. Maitri and Tanya
    October 27, 2010 at 4:54 pm (13 years ago)

It is a good add if it was for Kids Help Phone. Also it we were all sucked into the story of the add! It can mean alot but for Pantene add, it means nothing. I was expecting atleast a Pantene product in this add!! But I could uderstand a little bit of this add because at the end, the hair was blowing and showing how pantene can make your hair silky,shiny , SMOOTH!! Also Pantene’s logo is “You Can Shine!” That is why we think movie/add is not right for Pantene add.

One more thing is that this add is like a movie it digs you in to it!

By: Maitri and Tanya =) =) 🙂 🙂

8. mrwoods
    October 27, 2010 at 7:37 pm (13 years ago)

Alia,
    Your writing and explanation behind this commercial were well thought out with varied lengths and even questions thrown in.
    I enjoyed reading your thinking…it was amazing and I agree with you that it was a little too much.
    Great work,
    Mr.Woods

9. Adi
    October 27, 2010 at 7:41 pm (13 years ago)

In my opinion, the commercial wasn`t focused on the right product. In the whole commercial, Pantene’s shampoo wasn`t mentioned or even shown. Nobody could`ve imagined that the commercial was for hair products, unless it said “Pantene” in the ending. In my view, the commercial was too long. Most commercials last 1 or even 2 minutes but this one lasted for 4 minutes. This commercial looks more like a scene from a movie or a trailer. It could have even been stretched out and made into a movie.

They could have shot a really short and precise one focused on their hair products only. That would`ve saved them lots of money and time. Apart from that they had a message in the video. The message was “people with disabilities can be as able as everybody.” It`s a good message, but it doesn`t relate to the purpose of the advertisement. The last reason is that Pantene could have put a different message for this commercial, one that would relate better to the video. When Pantene is doing their next commercial, I think they should hire me because I got great ideas that would help them.

10. Tanya
    October 28, 2010 at 9:14 am (13 years ago)

By: Maitri and Tanya =) =) 🙂 🙂

11. Maya
    November 1, 2010 at 9:04 pm (13 years ago)

i think this is briliant advertising. clearly they are trying to draw you to the add so that you will pay atention to the end with the real advertismant. also sinse you think it’s so wacky you will watch it again and again. one last thing about this add is that it’ll stick in your head and you ‘ll talk about it and remember it! it’s smart not dumb.

maya

12. Maya
    November 1, 2010 at 10:39 pm (13 years ago)

i think this is brilliant advertising. clearly they are trying to draw you to the ad so that you will pay attention to the end with the real advertisement. and they have succeeded. also since you think it’s so wacky you will watch it again and again. one last thing about this ad is that it’ll stick in your head and you’ll talk about it with other people and remember it!

I love the way they showed her hair in the end; strong, shinny and powerful. I want to go out and buy Pantene and a taped up violin now. They got me!

“You can shine!”. They played with this slogan so well. The girl shined and so did her hair! Wow!

maya

13. Ryan
    November 7, 2010 at 7:29 pm (13 years ago)

I think this should not add should not be for pantene because the add means much more. It could be for bulling or telling you to follow your dreams and not to give up. But it is a god add because they are drawing you to her hair and not the things around her. The other way they were drawing you to her hair all over the place and her hair was so shiny