A Person You Admire…

Everyone has at least someone in life that stands about the rest as a person you admire.  A person that you may know very well or someone with whom you have only met a couple of times.  But, it’s their character or what they have achieved or how this person believes in you makes them worthy to be written about.

Write about this person or another person in your life that inspires you, challenges you and or makes you want to be better.  Please back up your selection with evidence that would make us truly respect and want to meet this person that you admire.  Limiting your choices, is not a common practice of mine but for this assignment, do not refer to celebrities in your selection….unless you know that person personally.

Checklist:

____: a good/catchy opening sentence.

____: evidence to support my statements

____: feelings or emotions that make your bio story real to you (personal experiences)

____: a great closing to your paragraph (1 or 2 sentences)

23 Comments on A Person You Admire…

1. raquelmedeiros
    January 22, 2011 at 11:48 am (13 years ago)

MY MOM!!!

The person that inspires me the most is my mom.Why????? First of all she’s the one that gave me LIFE!

She is the person that I admire because… well… there is a whole bunch of reasons why I admire HER.
    One reason is that she is always there for me. Whenever I’m outside, she’s watching me so I’m safe. Even when I’m outside alone, she’s still whatching me from the window.
    Another reason why she inspires me is because she helps/supports me a lot. If it’s for homework, putting something together or even when I’m playing. She’s always and I mean always there teaching me new things. Last reason she inspires me is because she loves me no matter what. She loves me when I do a great job on something, she loves when I help my sister,…. and she still loves me even when we don’t agree or she gets mad at me. She always tries to understand and makes me see the things the right/proper way.
    Sometimes my mom is so busy doing this or that or tired but if I call/need her she stops and comes to me, like she always says “you always come first”.
    We always go to places together, we always help each other.
    Here’s an example that my mom is always watching me.Last year when I was riding my bike, I crashed into a tree and my mom was the only one there to help me up and get me patched up with 3 huge bandages. She is always there for me wherever we go. After she did that, she helped me a lot getting everywhere because it hurted when I walked.
    My mom takes good care of me…
    Not sure if you knpw my I do suffers from migraines, oh gosh that it so bad and hurts do much. When I get them my mom not only gives the medicine but also stays with me massaging my head and make sure that I get the rest I need.
    She helps me so much!

My mom is the one that is always there, the person I can count on, the one that will never turn her back on me. The one that supports, helps, hug, kisses,gives me confidence,conforts, listens,makes me laugh,cheers me up, wipes my tears,…She will be the one that I always LOVE and I’m sure she LOVES me too!!!!!!!

MY MOM!!!

2. tanyaanand
    January 22, 2011 at 2:14 pm (13 years ago)

The person who is really special in my life is my mom. Why?? She is always (I mean always) around or in my heart. She will do many things for me. She will talk to me whe nI feel bad about something or I need someone to talk to about my life. Another reason why my mom is very special because she will love me forever. http://robertmunsch.com/love-you-forever/ (a link to the Robert Munsch book) She is very supportive. I remember a time my mom and I were at some game at Playduim and what my mom did was supporting me. She was saying “Go Tanya Go!!“ She is also very caring when I am riding my bike she will watch me. But if I don`t have my helmet in she will call me and say “Tanya you forgot to wear you helmet again!“ My mom is a big part if my life she will do ANYTHING in the world to keep me happy all day long. I feel so happy that I have a mother like mine. Also when I am sick or doing homework and not feeling well she will bring me a cup ofmilk or tea to make me feel a little better. The words that explain her are AWESOME,FUNNY,SUPPORTIVE.COOL,AMAZING,LOVING AND BEST OF ALL TANYA`S MOM! This the special person in my life that is mine!

By:Tanya Anand!! 😀 😀 😀 😀

3. Jacob No
    January 22, 2011 at 3:17 pm (13 years ago)

The person that inspires me is… well I have a lot of people that inspire me but, the one that inspires me the most is MY MOM!!! I have tons of reasons for why my mom is the one that inspires me. My first reason is that she takes care of me every and I mean EVERY day. For example, when I get hurt my mom asks if I’m o.k. and then she cheers me up. My second reason is that my mom helps me with my home work when I`m stuck on a question and also my blog. For example, when I`m stuck on a math question she sits beside me and helps me. My third reason is that my mom allows my sister and I to do fun activities and sports. When my sister and I where little my mom let us make a dinosaur out of paper mache .P.S. it was fun plus my mom signed me up for volleyball and supports my interest in art and science. My forth reason is that my mom makes me do chores to teach me responsibility…I know you might say that`s cruel but, it`s fun and I`m learning to help out. The chores I help with are dusting, organizing the shoes and garbage. That`s it. Mostly, my mom encourages me to do my best all the time and I know that no matter what I do (sometimes I can get into trouble..hee heee heee) my mom loves me.

4. Sofia
    January 22, 2011 at 3:25 pm (13 years ago)

HHHEEEELLLLOOO

MY MOTHER MMMMMHUM !!!!1

I love my mother because she practiclly does everything for me, and shes always there for me. I’ve always appreciatted my mother she was always would help me if i had trouble. Well right now she is out of the country to see my family its very sad to not be there with her but i still love her. I really hope she comes back safely and comes so i can give her a big hug. Anyways back to what I was saying when ever I needed something my mom would always be there for me to get it or to help me do something. So yes my mom will always be my specail person because i love her and she is very caring.
    Now yes she will always be my specail person no matter what. 😛

THATS IT SO BYEBYE!!!!

Love,
    Sofia.
    Sultani

5. zain khan
    January 22, 2011 at 4:57 pm (13 years ago)

The person that I admire the most is my MOM!!! what? you want to know why she is the one who gave me birth!!!. I admire her because she is the one who used to feed me when I was a baby she also makes me breakfast and she drops me off to school but … that’s not all she takes good care of me when I am sick and … she sometimes helps me with my homework she also try’s to get me to learn the right way not the wrong way . she also sometimes plays with me even when my brothers don’t fell like it . My mom also brings me home for lunch. When I have a problem at school or anywhere she is the one who takes care of it. She even tuks me in at my bedtime .I love my mom alot I KNOW she loves me too . BY; Zain khan

6. Tyler
    January 22, 2011 at 5:43 pm (13 years ago)

A COOL TEACHER!!

The person I admire most is my grade 4 teacher, Ms. Muir. She was my inspiration. She was a poet and gave me ideas for my stories. I followed in the footsteps of Ms. Muir because she was fun and loved reading and writing just as much as I do. Ms. Muir always gave me guidance, encouragement and a whole lot of enjoyable things to do in grade four! Also, if something happened that bothered me or annoyed me, Ms. Muir did the best she could to fix the problem, whatever it was. In grade four, during Writing Workshop, Ms. Muir encouraged my friend and me to write a book after we told her our idea . On a previous blog homework in grade 5, about why Kindree is the best, I wrote a poem. Believe it or not, the idea of writing that poem was inspired by Ms. Muir and her love of poetry. Ms. Muir was an awesome teacher who motivated me. I really admire Ms. Muir and she inspires me

7. maitri
    January 22, 2011 at 6:41 pm (13 years ago)

Wow raquel, you really said nice things about your mom,If other people read this ,they can truly realize how much you love her.

8. maitri
    January 22, 2011 at 7:12 pm (13 years ago)

The person who inspire me,well the person who inspires me is My DAD!!
    Why I would like my dad more than my mom..you ask,well my mom did give me birth but if I think about it,my dad is the one who gave me half of the things I have(dsi,wii,ipod-touch,xbox,xbox360,house,usually snacks ext.)Well no not only I like him because he give me things but also because he cares about me and LOVES ME ALOT)He cares about me because he makes me do my homework so in the future I can have a good job and I can be successful.Another reason why cares about me is because he encourage me on every thing.He has/will/have encourage me since I was a baby,I am 11 years old,I hopefully be when I am 100.When I was learning how to ride my bike the person who engouraged me was my dad,he said”Maitri don’t give up,someday you will be a great bike rider”And look what I am now…a good bike rider.Bike riding is just one example,another example would be when I might not get 100 out of 100 on my test and I will feel sad,he will say good job maitri, anyways and he will say try your best next time.I always say I like my mom best because atleast she doesn’t get mad at me.Well thats wrong…not the part that I said I like her…cause I still do but the part that I said wrong was when I said or I ment to say that my dad gets mad at me because sometimes he gets mad at me for good reasons.For example when I forget to put my dsi in the wrong place,he gets mad at me but I still know that he gets mad at me for a reason that I might loose it.Plus I don’t cry because I know that even if he gets mad at me,he gets mad at me in a lovely way.Now I can go on and on and on about my dad but to put it in short form the only sentance that is left to ay is I LOVE MY DAD!!!!!!!!!

Here is a little funny story: One day I wanted to go shopping with my dad and not my mom so I asked my dad if he can come with me but he as so lazy that he said go with mom.I really wanted to go with him so I made up a lie and said that “my mom doesn’t buy me anything and plus she is boring”.But the bad part about that was when I said that,she was right behind me and she heared everything.Guess who got in big trouble?

9. Vanessa
    January 23, 2011 at 10:30 am (13 years ago)

the person that admiers me the most is my MOM!

i chose her because she gives me food and water. my mom does all the cooking in the family unlike my dad who works from home.my mom does at home jobs she babysitites a little boy that has the birthday as me except he is four and not 10!my mom is ALWAYS there for me and i mean ALWAYS. since i had my seazer my mom has been even MORE protective of me. she made me stay near the house i couldn’t go to my friends houses to play outside or inside i could only stay at my house and my friends would have to come to my house. it was during august so my mom kind of ruined it.

my mom is ALWAYS there for me and will not take advantage of that my mom is awsome and she is the person who inspiers me the most and i LOVE her and she LOVES me!

from vanessa:D

10. Brandon
    January 23, 2011 at 10:44 am (13 years ago)

MY DADDY!!!
    Someone I admire is my Daddy. The most important reason of why I admire him is because he loves me and he is my Daddy. He inspired me to play guitar snowboard and some other stuff. He is always there for me no matter what. He’s also just about the funniest guy I know (He’s screaming nursery rhymes to my sister right now). He supports me allot especially with guitar. One time I crashed into the trees on my snowboard and I was stuck upside down on the side of hill and he undid his bindings and got off of his board, walked up the hill got me out of the tree and we both went down alright (Luckily I didn’t get hurt). Too bad we didn’t get that one on his helmet-cam. My Daddy is the best guy I know and I love him so much I’m so proud to have him as a Daddy.
    MY DADDY!!!

11. Tushar
    January 23, 2011 at 11:18 am (13 years ago)

Hi! Let me introduce the person I admire the most! He would have to be my cousin Nash (He is turning 30 this year). The reason I admire him is because he is really nice and he talks to me when I have problems. He loves comic books and sports (especially hockey) and movies. He takes me to movies and he even takes me to mini golf, he is lots of fun.
    He inspires me to try different kinds of sports like squash. This one time when I was struggling with my squash moves he guided me with a lot of tolerance. He has a lot of videogames and he lets me play them and he has a brother who is a fashion designer and he is fun too. Nash has a vast collection of comic books and he lets me read them when I visit him. The other reason why we really get along well is because we love food! We both love Italian and Mexican food and he even tries cooking them! We both like to have fun in any way we can.
    Nash works hard all week long but is always ready to talk and help me when I need him. He is funny and is always cracking jokes.

He is fun to be with and is kind of like my guide and friend. When I grow up I would like to be like him.

12. Alia :D
    January 23, 2011 at 11:20 am (13 years ago)

Who Inspires me???????????????!!!!!!!!!!??????????
    My Daddy, who I love very much and who loves me back…. a good man who always supports me, makes me smile, and cheer me up no matter what. If the leaves me I feel empty and then he comes back Im once again happy! Life just wouldn’t be the same if I hadn’t had a Daddy to hold me tight every day and night. My Daddy has always been there for me when Im scared or sad and if hes not there with me he gives me a phone call that cheers me up so Im glad I have a Dad. He is someone that I can give hugs kisses all day long and I can write a card to with lots and lots of x’s and O’s. He helps me learn math… takes me on special trips and hes always there for me! We have shared lots of special momments together and Im proud to say he’s my DADDY!!!! He is the best.

13. Ryan
    January 23, 2011 at 12:32 pm (13 years ago)

The person I admire is my grampa.he just turned 86 on January 15, and is fighting cancer.The reason why I admire my grampa is because he always in a good mood. He’s never would get on your nerves. He’s always nice to everybody and he always fergives you. Another thing about him is that he doesn’t complain about his cancer.
    He would always want to play with you and doesn’t get mad when he loses. He’s the guy to cheer him up.when you just meet him he brights up the room and when you meet him there would be conection with him.He loves everybody and he would never hold a gruch.

14. katherine
    January 23, 2011 at 1:22 pm (13 years ago)

The person I admire is the singer Weird Al Yankovic because he speaks his mind and he makes fun of songs such as beat it and I am bad. They are some of the funniest things I have ever herd and I look up to him because he writes parodies(It means to rewrite a song) and he not afraid to use his VOICE!!!! He makes me laugh so hard! I love his song white and nerdy. And that’s why I look up to him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (and my mom and dad!)

15. imranalli
    January 23, 2011 at 3:57 pm (13 years ago)

The person I admire most in my life is my dad he is my role model.

My dad takes me everywhere he goes. My dad is very good at every thing he does. I admire the way he dresses. I also admire the way he deals with his problems. My dad takes me to soccer and stuff like that.
    My dad wants me to know every thing he knows and even more. Every one in my family look up to him. my dad love helping in every way he can.

My dad is always there fore me when I get hurt, fell sad, happy he shows me the way out. when ever I break my glasses he fixes them My dad salwas has good listening ears and I can talk about anything and every thing. He always gives good advice. I will always love my dad he is a goog insaration.

16. Becca
    January 23, 2011 at 5:00 pm (13 years ago)

WOW, the whole world inspires me… but I would love to award my Dad.He is the person who I am most inspired by because he guides me through tough challenges and he has taught me that you should never give up on whatever you do. Riding my bike he told me that I cando it even though I kept falling. As he continued to hold and guide me he said”Wow” you’re doing it on your own, way to go! He can’t cook but that doesn’t stop him from trying. Some days are good other times it’s time to order in takeout. Therefore, I would love to give this award to my Dad as being”THE BEST DAD” Love you always

17. Calvin
    January 23, 2011 at 8:04 pm (13 years ago)

The person that inspires me the most would have to be my MOM.

My Mom never stops working. She works 9 to 5 just like my Dad but still works non stop even after she is home. She cooks and then she helps us with our homework and she does all the cleaning around the house. She is my super MOM.

She loves me whether I am good or bad. She is always there for me and for my twin sister Ashley. Sometimes she can be really harsh on me like pushing me to study my math even when I do not have math homework. She pushes me to study ahead before any tests. She yells at me a lot but I know it is because she wants me to do better. We always do xoxoxo afterwards.

My Mom is there for me anytime of the day. She takes me to all my doctors appointments at Sick Kids. I remembered when I broke my ankles twice and my thumb once and she was with me at the emergency room for hours. I was in a lot of pain and she did not go to work because of me. She tells me a lot that family comes first before work or anything else or even her PVR full of two months of recordings of Young and Restless shows.

That is what I called a Super Mommy! She never stops and she gives me more than 100% of herself.

18. Selena Almeida
    January 23, 2011 at 9:05 pm (13 years ago)

The person that inspires me the most is my mom!!!!She inspires me the most because she is always there for me.And when ever I am sick she always makes sure I get my rest and I take the right amount of medication at the right time.She also helps me study for tests when I am not so good at the subject.My mom inspires me alot!!!

19. maya
    January 23, 2011 at 9:20 pm (13 years ago)

the 1 person that inspires me is my mom. my mom always tells me that the greatest gift she will ever give me is my “high self esteem”. she does a lot to build my confidence by discussing whatever comes to my mind. she says, you can do whatever you want in life when you are confident about yourself. she is always willing to talk about anything no matter how embarrassing the subject is. she is funny and can relate to all my friends. she is very entertaining and i love having her around. my mom always tells me to do my best and i do. my mom always tells me to follow my dream and when i told her i want to be a hockey player, she encouraged me. she always encourages me and compliments me and i feel great to do better. she teaches me a lot of things that other kids don’t get a chance to learn… like, money management, businesses, online websites. my mom always says to follow your dream and make sure you become an entropaneur.

HockeyMaya

20. adi2000
    January 23, 2011 at 9:32 pm (13 years ago)

The people that I admire the most are my parents because of their care and love me. I love them too.

I admire my mom because she`s always there when I`m sick or hurt. When I walk home from school my mom is always at the door watching me, making sure I am safe. She helps me in work if I need help, and always tells me to clean my room and make sure my desk is cleaned, so I can become more organized. She cooks dinner for me most of the time. Once I was riding my bike and crashed into another cyclist. The only one home at that time was my mom and she put bandages around my leg to stop the bleeding. I admire my dad because my dad takes care of my when I`m sick. He puts me into different classes so I can become a better person and learn more skills. He always encourages me and persuades me to never give up. Once, I was getting sick of karate and wanted to quit it because I couldn`t pass a belt. When I told my dad that I wanted to quit karate he convinced me to keep trying. I kept trying and then one day I passed a belt. Afterwards I started liking karate.

Both my parents have done lots of things to help me become a better person and succeed in life. I hope one day I can be, as great as they are and, will be.

21. jr mohan
    January 24, 2011 at 9:38 am (13 years ago)

The person i admire is someone who is almost always happy and excited, my sister. She always makes people happy and cheerful. My sister loves singing and she realy inspires people to do what they want. She is kinda like a gardian to me because when my parents are away she is always there for me. Thats why i admire my sister.

22. izabela
    November 4, 2012 at 8:25 pm (11 years ago)

the person i admire is my dad he is always ther for me even when i need help in somthing.he is very nice with me he buys me alot of things.he helps me in my homework when i need help.

23. Noor
    October 31, 2013 at 1:50 pm (10 years ago)

The person that I admire the most is my Mother !
    There are lots of reasons why I do admire her.. I think she is the only one that understands me when I get angry or sad! I can talk to her about anything and she would never even judge me and I really feel pleased to do that.. I mean What is more than giving me Life! She raised me in the right way. I remember when I was younger I tended to give up more than anyone in my age. I think she tried to help me to be a strong girl that I am thankful to be now because of her. Some of her life advises that I would never forget are 1-strong woman should always be polite when she wants something you don’t need to be rude to get whatever you want! 2- I always have to be kind to people even if they are not with me because everyone has a story we don’t know and we don’t know others situations in life. 3- always work hard on yourself to achieve something good in your life . 4- always do what you love because if you don’t love what you do you wont ever feel satisfied. 5- Laugh more forgive always! 6- Never hate anyone because it always reflects to you. 7- Try to know more about new things and new people to be more informative and culturally aware. 8- Love yourself 9- don’t love too much and don’t get attached to anything because everything is permanent in life ! 10- enjoy every moment in your life..
    I can never write the all the things that I learned from her.. but I am thankful for every moment every decision and every advice she had given me because without her I wont be who I am today and will never be what I want to be in the future! Thanks mom , I love you always..