Who would you like to Meet?

pele

If you had the chance to sit and chat with, or play with, and ask questions to or experience anything with  throughout history or in your current life, who would that be?  Would you like to kick a soccer ball with Pele, or sing with Celine Dion, meet your great great great grandmother, chat with Rosa Parks, meet yourself in the future, play basketball with Barack Obama or go on the first ever air plane ride with the Wright Brothers?

What is needed to be included in your response:

a) who you would like to meet?

b) why you would like to meet this person

c) what do you hope to learn from he/she or take away from this experience?

d) What kind of personality do you think they would have?

e) anything else that you wanted to add.

Write a paragraph response (or a Prezi) explaining your answers.  Make sure you don’t list your answers but write your response in sentences.  Provide supporting details.

Good luck

9 Comments on Who would you like to Meet?

1. A Shah
    January 6, 2014 at 6:24 pm (10 years ago)

One of the people I would like to meet is Chris Hadfield. I would like to meet him because he was the first Canadian to walk in space, and he is also a famous astronaut. The reason I would like to meet him and not any other astronaut is because on his recent trip into space (which lasted for 5 months), he posted pictures, made videos on YouTube and tweeted. I hope to learn what I is like to be an astronaut, and all the wonders of seeing Earth from such a distance. I think Chris Hadfield would have a personality that is not just obsessed with space, but is also inspiring to children.
    If you want to see more, here is a link to an interview with Chris Hadfield.

2. Jannat
    January 6, 2014 at 6:25 pm (10 years ago)

The person that I would like to meet is Lionel Messi. I would like to meet Lionel Messi because he is a really good soccer player and I wonder how he can do all those soccer tricks. If I meet Lionel Messi I would hope to learn a few pointers or tips. When ever I meet him i will probably think his personalty is nice, smart, brave, amazing at soccer and many more things. Lionel Messi is a national soccer player. he plays for the team Barcelona and Argentina. He has some super awesome moves and tricks. He is the age of 25. Messi is one of my favourite soccer players. The foot that he plays with is his left foot and his height is 5’7”. I hope to meet him one day!

3. wesna
    January 6, 2014 at 7:15 pm (10 years ago)

If I had a chance too meet anyone in the world, it would be my great great grandfather . I would like to meet my great great grandfather because I want to know all about him and what he does for a living. I want to have fun and learn lots about him because I have never met him. I don’t even know anything about him. I think my great great grandfather was welcoming, brave, nice and respectful. I would be so happy if i get the chance to meet him one day.

4. chintan
    January 7, 2014 at 11:38 am (10 years ago)

i want to meet lebron james beause i am a big fan of him and i want to be trained by him he won the champion twice in a row i want to meet him because he is a awsome basketball player

5. arnav
    January 8, 2014 at 7:49 am (10 years ago)

I would love to meet Neymar Jr. I would like to meet him because he is my role model in soccer and he has the most skill full tricks. I hope to learn all of Neymar Jr tricks so that I can show all these tricks to my friends. I would also like to feel his personality so that I can have him on text and text him all day. I think he would have a nice personality because he has scored lots of amazing goals. If we still have some time I would like to play soccer with him so I can get a feel of how much talent he has. Neymar if you have sometime come to my house!!!

6. trripleaaa
    January 8, 2014 at 5:52 pm (10 years ago)

I would like to meet my Grandparents ( from my Dads side) because I’ve met my Grandparents from my mothers side but my other Grandparents passed away before I was born. My Grandparents passed in Afghanistan before my Dad moved to Canada.

7. kindreeridhi
    January 8, 2014 at 7:28 pm (10 years ago)

Selma Lagerlöf

If I had the ability to meet any one person, it would be Selma Lagerlöf. She was a Swedish writer famous for her novels and short stories. It was these two pieces of work that won her the nobel prize for literature in 1909! An example of her work is “The wonderful adventure” published in 1906.

I chose Ms. Lagerlöf instead of another personality for many reasons, such as the ones explained in this paragraph. She was the first woman to ever win the nobel prize for literature. I am interested in writing myself, and I think her achievement gave a lot of inspiration to other female authors, such as myself. She followed her dream and always worked through trial and error. She read quite a lot, instead of playing all the time as a child. There are many more reasons why this nobel prize laureate was the personality I chose, but I will just explain these.

I think Selma would be imaginative, a wonderful speaker and story-teller, and very creative as a person. If I were to ask her some questions, they would be these:
    -What made you want to be an author?
    -Was one of your goals to win the nobel prize for literature?
    -What did you feel when you were given the nobel prize?
    -Where did you get your ideas from?
    -Are there any things you want to tell other authors?

From this experience, I would like to learn what made Selma Lagerlöf never give up and why in her point of view why was she chosen to win the prize. Also, I would like to draw some ideas from her to be able to use in my own writing. Although I have never read any of her tales, I hope to be able to later on. Selma Lagerlöf was an amazing person and a huge inspiration to many writers, especially female ones.

8. Anonymous
    January 8, 2014 at 8:52 pm (10 years ago)

If there one person i would pick it would be Kyrie Irving From the Cleveland Cavalier is a amazing athlete he can do things that some NBA players cant even do He is a rookie but one of the best rookies Right beside Lebron James and Micheal Jordan when they were starting there first season my perspective. He is a very awesome player.He brings A lot of fun to the Cavaliers court.Kyrie Irving would soon be a legend. For some videos of playing PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWXbfpoaLSg

YOU DONT WATCH ALL OF THIS HAVE FUN

9. Sathya
    January 13, 2014 at 8:52 am (10 years ago)

If I had a chance to meet any famous sports player or any world famous pop star, Honestly It will be Joffry lupul mostly because every second he is on the ice, he demonstrates a form of perseverance. The questions I would ask him is ”wath team were you on before you got treaded to the maple leafs, whats you scoreing stratagies,do you have any pre game rituals and,how old are you. In conclusion, I’m a big fan of jffry lupul!!!