Who do you Admire?

inspire

Hope you had a great day…see you all tomorrow.

Everyone has at least someone in life that stands above the rest as a person you admire.  A person that you may know very well or someone with whom you have only met a couple of times.  But, it’s their character or what they have acheived or how this person believes in you makes them worthy to be written about. Write about this person or another person in your life that inspires you, challenges you and or makes you want to be better.  Please back up your selection with evidence that would make us truly respect and want to meet this person that you admire. 
Limiting your choices, is not a common practice of mine but for this assignment, do not refer to celebrities in your selection….unless you know that person personally.

Checklist:

____: a good/catchy opening sentence.

____: evidence to support my statements

____: feelings or emotions that make your bio story real to you (personal experiences)

____: a great closing to your paragraph (1 or 2 sentences)

10 Comments on Who do you Admire?

1. arnav
    February 25, 2014 at 7:24 pm (10 years ago)

I know a man who loves technology and likes to make kids think differently…….. It’s Mr. Woods. Mr. Woods is my teacher and he’s my inspiration. He inspires me to use different personal devices, to be connected to my class mates and to cooperate with each other. He helps me to learn more about technology. I like him as our teacher because he doesn’t shove work sheets in our faces and forces us to do it. He has taught me so much about the internet like edmodo (edmodo is Facebook for a class); he created my blog, (the site he used was edublogs). He has taught me so much about technology, now I am getting tech savvy! He lets us play on our devices when it’s free time!!! Mr. Woods, it has been an amazing journey of learning with you!!!

Arnav, very kind words my friend. I like how you said that we are using technology to cooperate, connect and share with eachother in new ways.–Mr.Woods

2. Tim
    February 26, 2014 at 11:14 am (10 years ago)

My inspiration is my dad. He is super nice and he is a hard working man. He always brightens my day when he makes me some eggs for breakfast. It’s fun to watch him cheer for his favourite team during football. He is the best dad I could ask for and I love him so much. This is why my dad is my inspiration

Tim, I loved reading your paragraph about your dad. What a great choice to be inspired by each and everyday. Well written too!
    — Mr.Woods

3. Ritika
    February 26, 2014 at 4:33 pm (10 years ago)

My inspiration is my Daddy because I always Laugh when ever he claps for Toronto but whenever he does everyone goes “Wahtttt”! I also like when he makes bacon for me but ye makes in a special type of way. (shhhhhh) he also loves me very much and and sometimes he sleeps on top of me to make me laugh. This is why he is my INSPIRATION!!!!!!

4. Jannat
    February 26, 2014 at 5:18 pm (10 years ago)

I know a man that loves me, cares about me and protects me… It’s my Dad. My dad is the person the inspires me. He inspires me to never give p. When ever I’m hurt or in need, he always comes and helps me and looks after me. I also truely respect him and also love him. He teaches me so manys things. When I needed help for my homework, he was on the way. When I didn’t know how to do something, he is sitting right next to me! My dad is the person who inspires me. I know he loves me but he dosn’t know how much I love him!
    #I LOVE U DAD!

5. Aashi
    February 26, 2014 at 5:38 pm (10 years ago)

There are a lot of people in my life who I look up to, but only some of them are people who I personally know. Out of those people, my father is the one who I admire the most. My dad is a very hard working man, and he always pulls out time to spend with the rest of the family, even if he has a very big amount of work (for example, he may have took some days off, and had to catch up on work, but he still chats to me and my sister and helps us). He is an amazing person; he always pushes me forward to try new things, helps me pretty much whenever I need him, and entertains me a lot. We went to Disney World a few years ago, and I feel that most of the reasons I loved it so much (and didn’t get bored of the long lines) are because of my dad. I feel very lucky to have him as one of my parents. As you may be able to tell by my experiences, I admire my dad the most out of all the people I know. ♥♥♥♥♥

Aashi…Your dad is an amazing man. You realize how much he means to you and what he gives to your life. Your admiration is evident. I hope you shared this with your dad.– Mr.Woods

6. Nikash
    February 26, 2014 at 8:19 pm (10 years ago)

My inspiration would my dad he’s basically been my role model since I was little I would always talk to to him about my problems and how to be a better person. He stands out most to me because of all the time and effort I’ve noticed he puts in to make my family happy.I also enjoy playing road hockey with him when teaches me to play better and to do a better wrist shot or back hand. He also tells good jokes and is really funny. Someday I wanna be like him especially to take time to put family first.
    I guess the apple doesn’t fall far from tree

7. Rebecca
    February 26, 2014 at 10:06 pm (10 years ago)

The person I admire is so kind and nice to be with and always encourages me to be the best. That person is strong, because she fought cancer twice and had three major surgeries. She is my grandma, Lala. Since she lives in Romania, I don’t talk to her everyday, but only on weekends and I miss her very much. Lala always calls me “princess”. Almost every year she visits me and we have a good time together. She aways tells me interesting stories from her life (she even lived through World War 2 as a child) and gives me good advice. Every time I hear her voice, I feel so happy knowing that someone I love is close to me. My grandma inspires me to be a better person and to be a strong and kind hearted girl.
    So if anyone asks me who do I admire, you know it will be her. 🙂

8. Pancake999@Sulaman
    February 27, 2014 at 7:37 pm (10 years ago)

Who admires me is mom she does great things like
    1st Helps me on homework |she is very helpful there was one time when i had homework due tommorow and nobody was here to help me i had a lot of trouble but my mom came and made it easier
    2 She gives me food | There was one time when i was sick and i was very hungry and my mom just came back from work and ask here could i eat and she was so tred but she still made
    3rd she loves me |There was one time when i was hurt and my mom came and told that everthing is fine and she said that she loves me.

9. sulaman200211
    February 28, 2014 at 9:20 am (10 years ago)

10. 23patricksoccer
    March 14, 2014 at 10:49 am (10 years ago)

My soccer coach Rob is a great role model for all players on his team. I feel very glad that he is my coach and he has been for over four years. I have 3 practices and one game each week so I see him many times. When we practice, Rob pushes me to play harder, faster and longer. He shows me moves to help my game so I can be a better player. If I make a mistake, he gives me verbal support by saying, “It’s O.K., try again….You’ll get them next time…”. Rob is a good role model because he is helpful and he doesn’t get angry at the players. He is kind to parents and the other team. If we get hurt, Rob takes care of us. He gives us opportunities for free time after practices. Rob gives each player recognition at the end of each game. I am very glad that I have this person in my life. I hope he is going to be my coach for many years to come.