Is Hallowe’en Amazing or Not?

History of Hallowe’en: http://www.history.com/content/halloween

or http://www.halloweenhistory.org/

Write a paragraph outlining your position. Make sure you have an interesting opening sentence and an interesting closer.

Student example:

Trick-Or-Treat!Halloween is the best night ever!You can enjoy time with friends,eat candy and dress up as what every person or thing you want!It is the 2′nd best time to pull pranks on people.It is a scary, tasty, fun time.When ever i finish trick-or-treating i always trade candy with friends.Halloween is the 1 of the best holidays ever!HAPPY HALLOWEEN!-BOO!

or:

Hallowen is not a great holiday, if it’s a holiday shouldn’t you get a day off of school and work? Why isn’t it during the whole day? Why? I tell you why to scare you silly and for what, a little bit of candy! I could get some candy for less then a buck.
After you go trick or treating you go to bed thinking about monsters and stuff. Why? Because it isn’t a good holiday. I don’t like to get scared. Do you?

Share your ideas.

15 Comments on Is Hallowe’en Amazing or Not?

1. nabeel
    October 31, 2011 at 5:03 pm (12 years ago)

Halloween is the best holiday ever!You get to be anyone you want like a super hero or a witch etc.You can get lots of free candy and sometimes you can take a whole bowl of candy.You could scare people with a scary costumes.Halloween is the best night ever!

2. nabeel
    October 31, 2011 at 5:05 pm (12 years ago)

Halloween is the best holiday ever!You get to be anyone you want like a super hero or a witch etc.You can get lots of free candy and sometimes you can take a whole bowl of candy.You could scare people with a scary costumes.Halloween is the best night ever!I love HALLOWEEN

3. KIRTHAN
    November 1, 2011 at 5:21 pm (12 years ago)

HALLOWEEN is awesome especially all the candy we get for free.Wearing costumes are fun too.I always trade candy with my sister after we are done trick or treating.It is also a really good time to pull scary pranks on people.That is why HALLOWEEN IS AWESOME!!!!

4. anami
    November 1, 2011 at 5:38 pm (12 years ago)

Halloween is the best day ever! I like this day because you can dress up as scary things and you can go out trick or treating with your friends you sometimes get presents from family and friends it is a great day for you and me well enjoy it anyway. this is why i think Halloween is the best day!!!

5. Ananya
    November 1, 2011 at 5:55 pm (12 years ago)

🙂 Halloween is one of my favorite days!!! 🙂
    You could dress up as anyone (scary or cute) and you could put make up and face paint on. You can dress up no matter what age you are… You can go trick or treating with you friends and family and you even get candy for FREE. You can go to haunted houses and you can scare your friends. I also like to carve the pumpkins and I like to see all the different decorations everywhere. This is why I really enjoy Halloween.

6. Ariq Ahsan
    November 1, 2011 at 6:19 pm (12 years ago)

Halloween was awesome ! I mean who does not like free candy given to you by just ringing on some ones door and then you have free candy. Some things I like about Halloween is you get to dress up as anything you want and I think that is really fun. Halloween is probably my third favorite holiday. I really like Halloween.

7. rasheda
    November 1, 2011 at 6:27 pm (12 years ago)

Halloween is awesome.You can come to school and be whatever person you want to be (a superhero, pumpkin,angry bird,witch, boxer etc..)And you can get a lot of candy and go trick-or-treating with your friends.Sometimes you can have class party’s and watch a movie with your class to it is so awesome.

8. luke
    November 1, 2011 at 7:05 pm (12 years ago)

booooooooooooooooooooo! I’m scream Halloween is the second best day ever sorry christmas always comes first Halloween is a scary holiday were you get to get out with friends and family and get lots and lost and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of oh man i could go on forever well anyways candy.screaming terrafying dress up scary dress up pretty. Its Halloween BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

9. mackenzie
    November 2, 2011 at 8:48 am (12 years ago)

Halloween is the time of year to watch scary movies, this year me and my family watch all 4 scream movies it was kind of gross. Ding dong now it is time for trick or treating I love going trick or treating with my friends it is so much fun. It is also the time when my dad gets to scare teenagers he always puts on a scary mask and gets a fake knife and scares them. I love Halloween and not just because I get candy also because it is a time you can spend with your family.

10. Aya
    November 2, 2011 at 5:52 pm (12 years ago)

Hallaween is one of the best day’s because you can dress up as you like,and you can get free candy just by saying trick-or-treat.If you go trick-or-treating,you can go with friends and get fun.You can decorate your house and you will also have fun.

11. Ryan
    November 2, 2011 at 8:05 pm (12 years ago)

Halloween was good because you got to go out at night and get free candy. you could dress in what ever you want. I got so much candy Halloween is awesome. that is some reasons why I love Halloween.

12. Rhianne
    November 2, 2011 at 10:17 pm (12 years ago)

Halloween is one of my best days ever.
    I like Halloween because my mom invites my grammie to my house and she goes trick or treating with me and my sisters. I like to be able to choose what I would like to be. This year I was a Goth witch and my sister was a dark devil and my cousin was a skater dude and my other cousin was batman. I think coffee crisp and potato chips are the best because I eat them all the time. I got about lots of coffee crisp and lots of potato chips. The bad thing is that my dad steals the coffee crisp and the potato chips away from me and then I have to go and hide them from him so he does not take any more coffee crisp and potato chips from me.
    This is why Halloween ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. zoe
    November 5, 2011 at 11:20 pm (12 years ago)

what do i think of halloween well………IT IS ALWSOME why is halloween alwsome well i will tell you………………….halloween is alwsome becuase you get to go trick-or-treating and you gets lots of candy.Also you get to dress up as anytrhing you want here are some exampels(princess,fairy,goblin,chucky,screan,vampire,boxer,80,s girl)and you can get to go to partys to or you can go with your friends to trick-or-treat.Also you can go to hunted houses to.That is why halloween is ALWSOME.

14. cam
    November 6, 2011 at 8:27 pm (12 years ago)

Halloween one of the best celebrations. Its great you dress up as goblins zombies etc. You get free candy and chocolate just for saying trick or treat you scare people they scare you. When i get home from trick or treating i hide all my chocolate and candy or else my brother will eat it all.That’s why i love Halloween.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Is Hallowe’en Amazing or Not?