Describe “it” in your own words

A descriptive paragraph explains an image, video, song or anything  with adverbs (words that describe an action; runfast)and adjectives (words that describe a noun; black hair).

Look at these pictures.

Pick one picture and explain in a detailed paragraph or poem words what you see.  Talk us through in detail with adjectives and adverbs what is going on in your image that you chose.

Don’t tell us which image you chose…as readers, we will try and guess which one you are explaining.

20 Comments on Describe “it” in your own words

1. Sofia
    October 27, 2010 at 4:52 pm (14 years ago)

Sofia

I ran way I had no choice it was the only thing to do to survive it was my only choice. What would I do just die with my family in the fire or try to survive.

How will I survive without a family ??
    What should I do ??
    I have no where to live ??
    I did n’t even get my job yet

This is a Perspective of one of the images

Do you know witch imageit is ?????

Love,
    Sofia.
    Sultani 😛

2. anuj
    October 27, 2010 at 6:36 pm (14 years ago)

It all changed after it all happened . I don’t know why such people would do such a thing but my only choice was to run.My mom always told me to be brave but after those people broke us apart i always feel fear.Survival is hard but i am living with it ,right now i live in a refrigerator and eating food scraps from near by restaurant what will happen?

guess what image it was???

ANUJ N ,signing off

3. Jacob No
    October 27, 2010 at 6:47 pm (14 years ago)

He zooms up a high ramp. Trying to speed up as his body gets ready to do a dangerous back flip. Gripping tightly on the handles because if he doesn’t he will have a deadly fall. He hears the screaming audience as they see him do more terrifying stunts. His heart is racing furiously if he does one move wrong. 🙂 😐

4. Raquel
    October 27, 2010 at 6:49 pm (14 years ago)

Try and I’m sure you’ll guess what is it 🙂

Don’t you get it? I’m magical, I can change,I can be quick or I can go slow.
    I’m magical!
    This is not happening.
    YES it is.
    She was so freaked out when he showed her, he can change into various colours. He kept trying to tell her but…he never found the “bubble translater”…he tried hard but all that came out was bubbles.
    Finally he found a way to tell her. Look at me 🙂 countless colours, some bright, some dark, some light, some glow,some don’t…
    Who am I?

5. Adi
    October 27, 2010 at 7:11 pm (14 years ago)

I am a millipede small and meek,
    But I still have hopes to reach the peak.
    The first step I take will be towards the sun,
    Along the way I will have lots of fun.
    I follow the light,
    The darkness gives me a fright.
    I climb on a sun flower to get a better view,
    Of the next place I should be heading to.
    Although my feet are touching the ground,
    Yet my eyes are always up on the crown.
    I go with the flow,
    And never in my life I get slow.

6. Maya
    October 27, 2010 at 7:29 pm (14 years ago)

I can hear the whistling from the wind traveling through the trees and i can feel the splashes from the water hitting the boat. I’m drenched. I feel a bite! I set the hook hard and reel in. “It’s a big one” I yell. All of a sudden, a giant white sturgeon shots out of the water. My dad thought it was a world record. I finally bring it to the boat and it turned out to be a whopping 300 pounds. It was so big I thought that I would fall in. I took the boat to the beach and held the giant.It was at leased 2 times bigger that me. I finally let it go.Wow!That was the best experience in my life!

7. mrwoods
    October 27, 2010 at 7:33 pm (14 years ago)

Maya,
    You really captured the moment. I felt like I was there due to your choice of adjectives and adverbs.
    A fishing experience that I would love to have.
    Well done.

8. Becca
    October 27, 2010 at 8:23 pm (14 years ago)

There was a bright red spot from the bottom of the lake it had black spots that covered the sides of this thing. I said to my dad what is that? Is it an orange, is it a pumpkin, is it a seahorse, is it a bucket,or is it a basketball? So i went back to my cottage to go get my net and once i put in the water i got something. it was small and slimmy, can you see what it is?

9. Selena Almeida
    October 27, 2010 at 8:34 pm (14 years ago)

Wow…
    Look at me,I am so colourful,I am so sleek,I am faster that you could ever think. I breath through my gills and I flap my fins to swim. I live in the deep dark blue Oceans and I love to hide in the coral. I could also live in your home with you. Can you guess who I am???

10. katherine
    October 27, 2010 at 8:36 pm (14 years ago)

(Sunflower) The warm sun, wind and birds and pollen….I feel them all. I feel the way the wind moves through my petals. The suns warm shine. The blue sky – the birds singing songs sweetly.

11. Brandon
    October 27, 2010 at 8:49 pm (14 years ago)

Fish fish I like all fish.
    Fish come in all different shapes and sizes.
    From the size of minos to the size of whale sharks.
    Some are transparent, like a chanda ranga.
    They look cool and sometimes even freaky.
    Fish are always unique and important to all life.
    They swim and swim and even swim when they are sleeping, if they do sleep.
    And some even taste good

12. Tushar Nair
    October 27, 2010 at 8:50 pm (14 years ago)

Guess which one I am?

I just got back from a long boring day at school and I am really excited! This awesome, amazing, new game called ‘Call of Duty Black Ops’ has just released today. I can’t wait to get my very own copy.

I dropped my bag on the floor at home, quickly grabbed some money and dashed out the door as fast as I could. It was a bright sunny afternoon and I ran really fast through the deserted sidewalk.

I had waited eagarly for months and my patience finally paid off!

13. jr mohan
    October 27, 2010 at 8:57 pm (14 years ago)

the orange fish is the butterfly of the sea. it caches the eye of me. its glorious fins wave in the sparkly water. as i watch it go by my anger gets softer. as i watch it go under the sun. it makes me feel that my frighten is done. this glory of the sea looks as light as a cloud.then some groups of fish come around. it looks to me as they gather in peace, as our world should be anger should be the very least.

14. saad
    October 27, 2010 at 9:14 pm (14 years ago)

I went up the ramp i did a cool trick but thank god i din’t go wrong.If i fell i would have got hurt badly. why would any one want me to get hurt???.I might have broke my bone and would never be able to go up a ramp ever agian.

15. Matthew Coulson
    October 27, 2010 at 9:33 pm (14 years ago)

? What is (it) in your one words?
    Green trees flying by as you jump a huge ramp on a motorized vehicle doing a back flip as you feet fly through the air. Imagine you doing that that would be relaxing. You try to do something that would make you relaxed like playing with your friends do what’s good to you.

16. Tanya
    October 28, 2010 at 9:12 am (14 years ago)

The Flower Picture!

The sun is shining and making me tall!

I need clean water to live!

The cool wind travels through my petals!

That is why I am tall and very strong right now! 🙂 🙂 =) =)

17. Jahkubb
    October 28, 2010 at 11:11 am (14 years ago)

Jahkubb…

I have gills,
    and I have fins,
    I love water,
    and I swim,

I swim in circles,
    I swim all around,
    I live in the water,
    not on the ground,

can I swim,
    yes I can,
    from these clues,
    can you guess,
    who I am

18. imran alli
    October 28, 2010 at 11:41 am (14 years ago)

He zooms up a ramp at high speeds. He goes to different parts of the world. He enjoys doing bike tricks on step ramps. He alway has to be careful on ramps or he can get hurt exspetaly on mud tracks. Green trees as he flys buy at speeds up to 200 miles an hour.

19. Tyler
    October 29, 2010 at 4:48 pm (14 years ago)

I am flying through the air and I just jumped off a huge ramp on my motorcycle. I’m flying through the air right now on my cool motorcycle yet I have no fear doing this. It was super dangerous. I COULD HAVE KILLED MYSELF!!! There were a bunch of big green trees but they didn’t stand in my way. I didn’t even have my feet touching the motorcycle, only my hands were on my motorcycle because my feet were flying in the air!(well actually I was in the air also) I did a crazy and dangerous trick….A HANDSTAND ON MY MOTORCYCLE WHILE IN THE AIR!!!!!! It was so crazy but I was able to do it. I can hear all the people miles below me screaming and cheering me on but I cannot hear them for I am too far away. All I hear is a bunch of muffled murmurs that are very far away. If I make one wrong move it could end my entire career. If I fall I will scream until I land SPLAT! on the road. These are the most dangerous stunts anyone has ever done. And no one, I repeat NO ONE, has ever done this trick and landed ALIVE! My heart is racing so fast it could explode any second now!! This is the most dangerous thing in the whole history of dangerous things!!! I am not sure if I will survive this jump. I am not sure if I will fall. I am not sure if I will land correctly. I AM NOT SURE IF I WILL LIVE!!! This may be the last thing I ever do.
    Who am I?

20. vanessa
    November 1, 2010 at 4:17 pm (14 years ago)

I am yellow brown and green
    I have seeds in the middle
    won’t you eat them please!

they taste vary god like a
    pumpkin seed so come on
    don’t be scared and try
    one please.

I grow very tall like the
    CN tower so all you people
    bow down to me.don’t get
    hit or your clothes will ripp.

so there are your hints so can you guess with out your clothes being ripped?

BY: VANESSA CHININEA