Duffle Bag Theatre

duffleThe Mississauga News has asked you to write a review of the Kindree show from the “Almost Famous Dufflebag Theatre”. Remember this must grab peoples attention either for the good or the bad. What aspects of the show made it fantastic or not so entertaining ? What made it different than traditional theatre?
Give the show a rating out of ten, or out of 5 stars to be included in your review.
At the end of reading your review, we should have a very good sense if we should go and see it or not.
Happy Reviewing.

19 Comments on Duffle Bag Theatre

1. raquelmedeiros
    January 27, 2011 at 5:49 pm (13 years ago)

On Wednesday, January 26th, Dufflebag Theatre was at Kindree, what I can say is it was a honnor to see this show!!!
    It was funny, crazy and fantastic. This ” Almost Famous” theatre was amazing to see because it was hillarious! This show made me laugh so hard that I was almost crying! LOL!!!
    It’s worth to watch as they pick kids to play some of the main characters and the funniest is that the people don’t know they’re going to be chosen or what they have to say 😀
    This theatre is great because no other theatre would look like this one. It’s an original show that no one would ever think of doing, in other words it’s different from others.Why? For example, would you think of making the godmother a man? Well, they made it funny and they made the man be the godmother AND the step mother! Isn’t that so funny!?!?!?!!!
    This theatre is great for kids because they put shows that are from kids stories like Cinderella, Robin Hood,… I personally loved this show. This show can bring you up when you are down, it can brighten up your mood when your mood is dark,…
    Dufflebag Theatre is the best show that I have ever seen. When I hear that I get to see a show by Dufflebag Theatre, I would jump up and down just waiting for the day to come to see the show. That’s how good the show is.
    Over all everything, Dufflebag Theatre is an AMAZING show to watch!!! I would rate it 10 out 10/5 stars.

2. tanyaanand
    January 27, 2011 at 6:06 pm (13 years ago)

Dufflebag Theatre

The group Dufflebag Theatre is really good. What make there shows really entertaining is the twisting and turning they do to the story. Also what makes there shows fantastic is the actual performers they act out everything and make it hilarious even adults like the shows. See I just reading this makes you want to see one of there shows. 😀 I know that Dufflebag Theatre is really GOOD!!!

Do you want to hear my rating of Dufflebag Theatre?? Well of course you do it is me! HA-HA. The rating I will give them from 1-10 would be…. a 1. HA you fell for it. Obviously I wouldn’t give Dufflebag Theatre that rating. The real rating I would give them would be 10. The group is the most entertaining people on the planet. Well after a few people I know. But still the most entertaining people on the plant/universe!! I told you, you wanted to read my rating.

I hope you understand what you would expect to see in a performance from Dufflebag Theatre.

By Tanya Anand!! 😀 😀 😀 😀

3. jr mohan
    January 27, 2011 at 6:20 pm (13 years ago)

well the duffle bag theater is a great performance for children and adults. it also shows the stereotypes that are in the stories but……….. they change them! for example , in the story Cinderella, the fairy god mother is supposed to be neat, well dressed and careful but in duffel bag theater they made her untidy, dirty and more! now you wont see a fairy god mother like that in a old fairytale, man, who knew it would be exiting talking about them! they have been performing for about 16 years now and they are really good! i dont think i can perform for 16 years without craking up, ther are really good at what they do! they always change the storys they perform and once again,you wont see a fairy god mother like that in a old fairytale! it is nice to see the fairy tales that you know when you where little have a epic turn!

by j….. well, it already says

4. Alia :D
    January 27, 2011 at 6:31 pm (13 years ago)

The Duffle Bag Theatre was very humorous, I like how they took a story such as Cinderella and remixed into a current, funny reenactment. They also took kids from our aduience to participate which made it really cool and more hysterical. The sutdents were surprised and including them made it special. I like how they used men to play the woman’s parts. What made this really funny was the custumes and acessories .The coustumes were really colorful and funny! Also, when the narrator interfered with the story, the character saying “lets go to Tim Hortons”, and when the fairy godmother called my teacher a catch. I give this Duffle Bag Theatre reanactment a nine out of ten. The funny way they did the story and added a modern twist to it. – ALIA

5. Jacob No
    January 27, 2011 at 6:53 pm (13 years ago)

I would give Duffle Bag Theatre… `0 out of 10 STARS!!!!! The “Almost famous” Duffle Bag Theatre caught my attention when they introduced them self at the beginning. Then in the middle the Duffle Bag Theatre got some kids up to do different parts of the show “one of the kids is in my class”. That doesn’t happen in traditional theatre. Sadly, in tradtional theatre, they bring up guest, the audience just sits and watches. Also in the end it was all FUNNY and when they were done the whole show they told what character they were playing and took 4 questions from the audience. This is different than a traditional theatre because traditional theatre does not take questions from the audience. you ahould see the Duffle Bag theatre. They are the fun and totally awesome.
    THAT’S ALL
    By: Jacob No
    Peace!
    :):);)

6. Tyler

Duffle Bag theatre presents….Cinderella!

The Nearly World Famous Duffle Bag Theatre presented Cinderella to the students of Kindree Public School. The students at Kindree were highly entertained by this amazing performance! Duffle Bag Theatre has once again achieved to entertain people of all ages, both students and teachers! According to the students, the play was REALLY good! They said there were many funny parts in the play such as the stepmother getting ‘blown’ away at Cinderella’s appearance (literally!) and the fact that all the girls in the story, (stepmother, stepsisters and the fairy godmother) were played by men. It was different than a traditional theatre because they mix up the some of the minor parts of the classic tale, Cinderella. They make these parts into the funniest parts of the story like the pumpkin that Cinderella sat on was played by an actor saying “I’m a pumpkin”, and the door to the ball being an actor saying “creak” when the door opened, and “slam” when the door closed. On a scale of one to ten, one being ‘I wish I never saw it’ and ten being ‘Best show I ever saw’, I give this show…a 24! I know…it’s off the charts…but it’s just that good! Terrific! Amazing! Outstanding! Stupendous! This remarkable performance was excellent!

7. Ryan
    January 27, 2011 at 7:35 pm (13 years ago)

The Dufflebag Theater is funny,it has alot of humer and when you start watching it you can never stop lauhing.Some of the bad reasons of the Dufflebag Theaetr is that they pick people from the audience when they hardly know what to do or they don’t know that fairytale or the story and what it’s based on.Sometimes it’s funny watching the kids go up there and have a good time and watch the kids wear some reiculous costumes. But they should have people playing those parts, and people who are in the Dufflebag should do it.

I would give the Dufflebag people a 9 out of ten and 4 stars out of five stars.I would give them that score because they are funny. They would always twist up the fairy tale and make it their own version of the story.

Bye.

8. Ahkash
    January 27, 2011 at 7:39 pm (13 years ago)

This is Ahkash Kathirgaman reporting on The Duffle Bag Theater. We have good news and BAD NEWS!!!!!….No I’m just joking, it’s all good news,The Duffle Bag Theater is the funniest show on earth,like it is so funny, like so funny, like so funny, like so funny, ok I thinck you get the point, they had a proformance on cinderalla, see they take the story and change it up to make it funny, but they bring up two people from the audience to perform too, and they had no idea, ya see I was at the performance yesterday and two people were called up.. first of all it was at a school.. it was kindree public school, and the people who were called up were … I thinck…I don’t….remeber….but anyway I will get info on them, and tell you guys as soon as possible, and see you next time on The mississauga news

Theme music ” dada dada dada da da boom”

9. zain khan
    January 27, 2011 at 8:01 pm (13 years ago)

I think the duffle bag theater was awesome it was funny it was entertaining!!!!!. I loved it it was really funny according to the kids at school, when ever they did something funny I herd every one in the gym laughing if I had to rate them I would say … a 50 I now it’s waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off but .. I think they are that good.

10. saad
    January 27, 2011 at 8:41 pm (13 years ago)

I would give duffle bag 8 out of 10 because in the begening it was funny but in the middle it wasent that funny and then after a while it got funier . now i will tell you why it was funny in the begening when cinderella s mom was played by a guy and at the stepmother was also played by a guy and the end was funny when jacob had to marry the girl

11. Becca
    January 27, 2011 at 8:43 pm (13 years ago)

The Dufflebag Theater is a great place to take the familly for entertainment. I think that the duffle bag theater should get a rating of 10 out of 10 because it was really good and funny for kids and grownups, also because it was very entertaining for the entire familly.

12. Calvin
    January 27, 2011 at 9:00 pm (13 years ago)

It was fantastic watching the Almost Famous Dufflebag Theatre performed at our school today. I had a blast watching their version of Cinderella. It was a comedy show rather than the classic version of Cinderella.
    Everyone laughed at the men dressed up as the god mother and the step-mother.

The Almost Famous Dufflebag Theatre presented their show by getting the audience involved in a lot of the parts and they also selected a few from the audience to perform with them. I don’t think the traditional theatre would have the audience get involved.

I would give the show a rating of two thumbs up which stands for 5 Stars.

13. Matthew Coulson
    January 27, 2011 at 9:25 pm (13 years ago)

On Wednesday January 26th Duffle Bag Theatre came to kindree.(YAY!) The presentation Duffle Bag did was Cindrella.
    #1 Act
    The best act to me was when they choose Jahkubb to be Prince Charming and when the Fairy God Mother was chasing the messenger.(Giggle’s)
    All The Rest:
    Duffle Bag Theatre Gave all the litte kids joy and happyniss.Thats why kindree chose Duffle Bag toentertane the kids and teachers at kindree.

If Duffle Bag was on the news all the schools aross canada would tell them to go there school.
    Next time they come back we will still have fun just like we did when Duffle Bag Entertaned us.

Thank You Duffle Bag
    Sincerley:Matthew Coulson

14. vanessarose
    January 27, 2011 at 9:46 pm (13 years ago)

On Janruary 26th the famous DuffleBag Theater came to the best school ever and that school was…..Kindree Public School! Dufflebag Thaeter presented cinderella and sometimes it is rouldoph the red noised reindeer or other funny diney movies.last year when they did Rouldoph the Red noised Reindeer i played vixen rouldophs girlfriend.dufflebag theater is halarious I would wrather watch Dufflebag Theater for the rest of my life than watch t.v. the dufflebag Theater group is a legand they will always make you laugh:D sometimes it is so funny it makes you cry! in a traditional theater the storys are like the oringinal ones. but with Dufflebag theater they change it a bit and put there own twist on it. for example the fariy godmother, the stepmother and the step sisters are all GUYS! in traditional theaters they are girls.
    if were giving it a rating it would be 50/10 stars.
    see you next time on the mississauga news and remember to watch Dufflebag Theater.

by vanessa:D

15. adi2000
    January 27, 2011 at 10:10 pm (13 years ago)

On Thursday January 26, 2011, the nearly famous Duffle Bag Theater performed at Kindree P.S. They twisted up one of the all time famous story Cinderella. I was lucky and just so happened to be in the front row! The show was so hilarious and worth being rated 10 out of 10. What make Duffle Bag Theater different than other shows is that they involve the audience. So every time they present the same story, it`s always different because they always choose different people who have different things to say. The Duffle Bag Theater emphasizes the stereotypes in the story. In the original version, the godmother is supposed to be neat, tidy and pretty. In the twisted version the godmother was messy and was a man! Not a woman like in the original. They made the two step sisters be guys who were disguised as girls. The Duffle Bag Theater doesn`t give scripts or anything, they let the characters from the audience say things from the top of their minds. The Duffle Bag Theater puts on a great show and the best part about them is that they have a lot of creativity and don`t play the exact real version.

16. Selena Almeida
    January 27, 2011 at 10:35 pm (13 years ago)

I absoultley LOVED!!! The Duffle Bag Theatre, it was so entertaining to watch. HILARIOUS!!!! It was the best Duffle Bag Theatre performance I have ever seen. The remake they did of Cinderella was fabulous. They did an amazing job on giving the story of Cinderella a new spin. My favorite character was the Fairy God Mother, she was so funny. She didn’t even know what her magic wand was for and she even forgot the magic words. I think the funniest part about her Character was that it was a man playing her roll. I would definately go see it again.

Overall I rate this show 4 stars out of 5. A must see for the whole family!!!!!!!!

By Selena Almeida

17. Brandon
    January 28, 2011 at 8:45 am (13 years ago)

I think that DuffleBag’s Cinderella was pretty good and really funny. The play was great and I loved the beginning how the Dad was Joe Dirt and how the Mom said “Take me, take me instead” then found out that it was her and said “No take her, take her I’m old she’s young” that was funny. I liked it when Jakhubb got called up to play Prince Charming and when the evil-stepmother kept saying get in the car. This play was great and I loved the way they kept changing their outfits. Over all I give this play 11 out of 10.:-)

18. Sofia
    January 28, 2011 at 6:52 pm (13 years ago)

HHHHEEEEELLLLOO

SORRY I GOT THIS LATE IN I HAD NO CLUE WE HAD HOMEWORK SORRY

HELLO
    we are here live at Mississauga news. This is about The almost famous Duffle bag Theatre. This is a great and fantastic, did you know that Duffle bag Theatre had its excistinst for 18 years that is amazing.

This is the best theatre for kids cause you learn something and its a big laugh too its the best theatre. This is a great way to learn everything but it differnent way like having alot of fun. This way that we are learning everything, is the same way mr.woods teaches us becausehe makes WORK FUN!!!

All Im telling you is that watching Duffle Bag Theatre is the best FUN WAY TO LEARN :p.

THATS ALL FOR THE NIGHT AND GOODBYE

Love,
    Sofia.
    Sultani. 🙂

19. maya
    January 29, 2011 at 11:47 am (13 years ago)

the duffle bag theater was extraordinarily funny. even though the performance was for the students the teachers still laughed there heads off. this is a 4.99999(5) star performance. this time at kindree the duffle bag theater did the play of Cinderella. this is the most helareous play ever. if you are looking for a play and you havent seen these people you have to go here. this is the funnyest show in the world. even before, we knew it would be funny and thats why our teacher brought his son. see this is a show for the hole family.