Reading the Media Message

Here are two advertising videos from two different provinces.

Answer the following: Pick one of the videos to comment on.
How are the provinces being shown? What message(s) are you being sent? What image is being portrayed to you and how are they doing it? Was it effective in making you want to visit…how?

Enjoy.

18 Comments on Reading the Media Message

1. Om
    October 1, 2012 at 4:46 pm (12 years ago)

the Newfoundland video has not a lot of talking in it. most of the video shows clothes drying outside. in the Ontario video their is more taking then the Newfoundland video. the Ontario video shows diffident places in Ontario and the Newfoundland video it shows like only one place.

2. souvik
    October 1, 2012 at 6:43 pm (12 years ago)

I think the video are show the special things in the parts of the province.Its on how peaceful Newfoundland can be.It is convincing me to go to Newfoundland by showing all the good things

3. Haris 5A
    October 1, 2012 at 8:25 pm (12 years ago)

Those two videos were super! You could learn a lot from them. Ontario,Newfoundland & Laberdor are very beautiful places. Now I really want to visit them all.
    -Haris

4. yashviparmar
    October 1, 2012 at 9:50 pm (12 years ago)

NEWFOUNDLAND

The province of Newfoundland is shown as having lots of fresh and clean air blowing from the ocean. The video shows that the province has natural beauty everywhere.the message is art does not need to hang on the walls. The music is also very natural and quiet. the image i liked the most was the one which had the clothesline near the riverbank.how?because of the natural beauty and art.i really want to visit newfoundland because the natural beauty as well as it is quiet and peaceful.

5. missmander
    October 2, 2012 at 2:49 pm (12 years ago)

The video I watched was the Newfoundland and Labadour. It was beaituful with the words and the imagase it had. It really showed what Newfoundland and Labourdor have in the province(the hanging cloths).It really made me want to go to Newfoundland and Laborder and see the hanging cloths.

6. Kailey
    October 2, 2012 at 3:08 pm (12 years ago)

The video I watched was on newfoundland.The video showed lots of wonderful images like oceans and clothes lines. Most people will say what, clothes lines ? But the way that they presented it was very dramatically and maybe clothes lines are are what they use instead of dryers like we use and clothes lines are something that repersents that province. When the person started speaking it got even more dramatic and persuading and i think they did a great job on the video and i would love to vist Newfoundland and Labroudor!

7. bavita
    October 7, 2012 at 6:44 pm (12 years ago)

The video I watched was on newfoundland showed images of clothes lines and the ocean. It really showed what newfoundland has in their province. The newfoundland video really made me want to go to newfoundland and see all the clothes lines flaping in the wind and go in the ocean water and swim.

8. trad
    October 8, 2012 at 8:23 pm (12 years ago)

I watched the video thers no place like this and i think its about speshial places to people like where they love to be

9. trad
    October 9, 2012 at 11:54 am (12 years ago)

i wactched the newfoundland one and it shows you that its nice and peacful there and that they dont have driers to dry there clothes they have to dry there clothes on a line outside and theres not many people there and theres animals and it makes me want to go there

10. abmississauga
    October 9, 2012 at 11:56 am (12 years ago)

in the newfoundland video a message being sent is that it is very peacful and quiet there. They are also saying that they dry their clothes on clothes lines and do not use dryers. I would like to go there because i like it crowded and not peaceful.

11. Kyla
    October 9, 2012 at 4:40 pm (12 years ago)

The video I watched was on Newfoundland. It showed lot’s of images of stoff found in Newfoundland. Like clothes hanging on the clothes line, and the ocean. I think Newfoundland is a very peacful place to live in.

12. farahhabibi
    October 9, 2012 at 5:33 pm (12 years ago)

When I watched that video it made me think of pioneer’s time.In Newfoundland they didn’t have a laundry machine they didnt have dryers to dry their clothes.But…… in canada we have almost everything.This video made me want to visit Newfoundland/Laboudor.It made me want to go into the cool ocean for swimming.If I ever even went to Newfoundland the first thing I would like to try out is drying clothes on a clothesline.♥

13. rayaq
    October 9, 2012 at 5:50 pm (12 years ago)

The first video about newfoundland turisum commercialism just to see how beautiful newfoundland is so you can hang your clothes outside and no one cares you can swim own a lot of land and the second was about a song just to describe Canada.

14. amrita1010
    October 9, 2012 at 6:24 pm (12 years ago)

The video I watched was on Newfoundland.
    It looks like a nice and peacefull province. There were many beautiful scenes in the video like when they showed the ocean and they showed the clothes line. Over in Ontario we usally dont use clothes line but that is something they do their it may represent something about there province. Also when the person started talking I thought it was wonderful. In Newfoundland and Labroudor it looks nice and very calm, they have a beautiful way of how they live their lifes. I thought that video was nicely taken and I thought the video was very touching.

15. tasmiah
    October 9, 2012 at 7:13 pm (12 years ago)

The video i watched was on ontario.Its really detailed.It tells you everything
    about ontario.For example the singing the vacation couple the eating ice-cream during the summer.That is what i like about the video it has lots of information and it has some of the things people actually do in ontario.And that just makes the video extra special.

16. katy3309
    October 9, 2012 at 11:15 pm (12 years ago)

The province of Ontairo is being shown by the things that people are interacting with and the things that are going everywhere.The messages that are being sent are that Ontairo that is a great place to vist and a safe and loving community.The images that are portraited that they are nice people who take care of the land to share with others.They showed images of the beautiful activities,recreation, and entertainment.It was effective because the people in Ontairo seems to be fun and loving and caring people which makes me wants to vist and live.

17. mrwoods
    October 10, 2012 at 3:11 pm (12 years ago)

When I saw the video that mr woods shared with the class I was serprised that Newfoudland had so much

clotheslines. I thought that Newfoundland had washing machines or something. But I never knew that they just had clothelines.

But after the video I thought that maybe the people who makes the washing machines could think of a way to transport the washing machines to Newfoundland

so that the people would have it easier to do their laundry.I would like to go to newfoudland because it looks like a intrasting place to be in. Newfoundland is a intrasting place because

there are water falls moutines and lots of trees.

18. myahussain
    October 12, 2012 at 9:39 am (12 years ago)

I think the vidios are trying to show us how busy toronto is and how peace full Newfoudland is