Spring is….

Spring is…

Write a poem, short skit, or paragraph describing all things spring.  Saturday broke records for temperature in April, it was a great day that made us all to have spring on our minds.

Ahhhhh…..the season of spring. Spring is putting away winter clothes away for another year. Spring is having the sun come out early in the morning and stay up longer at night.  Spring is running and playing outside without jackets.  Spring is starting each day with a smile on our faces.  Spring reminds me of the tulip festival in Ottawa.  Spring is a time for us to clean our rooms and watch Kindree’s grass turn green. Spring is golfing. Spring is enjoying recess once again. Spring is here and well worth the wait.  What is spring to you?

15 Comments on Spring is….

1. Theron
    April 26, 2009 at 10:38 am (15 years ago)

Spring,spring,spring is here ! Smiles everywhere excitement is in the air. Tweet , tweet birds are chirping celebrating the coming of spring .BBQs, picnics and no winter gears. No playing of video games inside ,now we have the fresh air on our hands to play outside. Don’t forget the sunblock, hats and sunglasses ,these are only gears that you need now.
    Come everyone , come everyone spring is here lets have some fun and enjoy the fresh air !

2. Cameron McCabe
    April 26, 2009 at 11:02 am (15 years ago)

Spring is here,
    The air is clear.
    School is almost done,
    So lets have some fun.
    No need to fear,
    Because Spring is here.
    Now that it is Spring,
    I can ride my bike,
    So walking to school isn’t much of a hike.
    No more winter boots, hats or gloves,
    It’s going to the cottage that I really love.
    Because it`s Spring we can ride on my Dad`s big boat,
    And now this is the end of the poem that I wrote.

3. Sameer
    April 26, 2009 at 11:05 am (15 years ago)

Spring time to take off those mits and jackets!
    No more inside and hearing your brothers noises and racket.
    Time to have a good day outside,
    You can play day and night.
    Also see that fun rain drop down to earth.
    Spring is like a reincarnation of the clouds birth!
    Its fun to get muddy and wet.
    Or have so much energy to run a kilometere no sweat!
    So go outside see that sparkling rain.
    Not that white snow having it all day,
    wouldn’t that be a pain.
    At the end of spring the sun rises up.
    Woohoo summer is coming up!

4. Moksha
    April 26, 2009 at 11:52 am (15 years ago)

Ahhhh, the season of Spring. Spring puts the memoris of winter away for another year. We all come outside to play. The sun stays up for a long time. Spring puts the smile on our face each and everyday. Spring is really hot so we can eat ice-cream. The flowers start to grow as we take the flower for there sweet smell. We watch as the kindree ‘s grass grows, and have fun in recess. So don’t stay in side your house come outisde because spring is here.
    That is what spring means to me.

Bye Habe fun outside!

5. Esther ★ ☆
    April 26, 2009 at 12:19 pm (15 years ago)

Ahhhh, the sweet smell of spring!
    My favourite season of the year!
    Time to put away those big heavy blankets.
    Flowers bloom and birds come out to play!
    Bunnies hop and geese fly home.
    I ♥ spring, u should too

Esther 🙂 😉 😀 😛 8) 🙂

6. Vanessa
    April 26, 2009 at 12:24 pm (15 years ago)

Spring, Spring
    Spring is here, put away those heavy jackets and put some short on. Come with me will some catch under the sun, do some bike riding and maybe
    Roller blading. There will be no jackets, no gloves,
    no snow pants or wet boots, will just feel the air
    throw our hair and faces as we go throw the Kindree grass.My friends rock just as my Favourite flowers grow so I hope that this spring will rock just like they do!!!!!.
    BY V I HOPE YOU LIKED IT BYE!

7. Manish
    April 26, 2009 at 12:25 pm (15 years ago)

What is spring? Spring has many mysteries to unveil. Outside nature is becoming reborn. The first day of spring is on March 21.In Spring streams thaw out and ducks swim in ponds.Birds come back from their time migrating in the south and sing beautiful songs. Also, the weather warms up and the days become longer each week. Although it rains a lot in the Spring, it rains the grass feels wet and moist and flowers such as tulips, lilies and daffodils bloom. And that is what happens in the beautiful spring time!

8. Niraj
    April 26, 2009 at 1:15 pm (15 years ago)

AHHHHH! The birds are poking my eyes out and those bees come back and are going to huant you for all there cousins they lost. Unlike most people I DO NOT see what spring is good for. They should just call it rainy season or the season the insects attacked. In spring most of the time you have is to be spent indoors because of April showers. In May the flowers bloom which is not that bad in the begining but when the bees come to collect necter and see a human playing around the bee will think it might kill them. Well as we know we attack if they attack. So they get there stinger and BAM! It gets you. So as I mentioned above I don’t like spring as much as the other seasons.

Spring can be nice though if you’re not playing near any flowers and if you found a nice game indoors. I still do like the colours of flowers and espically it is time where we can say “WHY?!” To our principal if she calls a hard top recess. I once went to the Tulip festival when I was 9 and even though I got a spider crawling up my pants and 2 bee stings it was SOOOOO colourful. It really is somthing you want to see at least once.

That is what spring is to me.

9. Amira
    April 26, 2009 at 2:09 pm (15 years ago)

The sunrise rose spreading the seson of joy, where the weather is not to hot or cold.when the birds rise singing a sooth melody, when i go outside with no jacket ready to play.The buds on the trees start to sprout when frogs start jumping and crickets start chirping i say hurry here its spring lets forget about our worreis and put a side our jaCKETS OUR SWEATERS CAUSE PERFECT WEATHER IS HERE!!!!

SPRING
    PROUD
    RAIN
    INDOOR SWIMMING
    NOT TO COLD OR TO HOT
    GREAT MEMEROISE TRAPED IN OUR HEADS

Do you like spring?

10. ali
    April 26, 2009 at 3:05 pm (15 years ago)

Spring is amazing. Spring is going outside in t-shirts and shorts instead of jackets and snowpants. Spring is the time to see nature. Spring is eating ice cream on a hot day. Spring is running around and playing tag. Spring is the time to relax in the sun’s beam. Spring is spending time outside instead of being cooped inside of your house. Spring is examining the animals and bugs that emerge in spring. Spring is playing sports. Spring is a great season, and is a season I enjoy.

11. Ayesha
    April 26, 2009 at 3:22 pm (15 years ago)

It’s time to wake up and spring back into action. The world around us is coming to life again and now is the time to renew, recharge and freshen up the world around us. Spotting a hummingbird, watching bees land on flowers, tadpoles growing into frogs, spring cleaning those carpets and much more. In Spring, you can hear the robin’s sweet songs, see the colourful butterflies and honeybees sipping nectar, smell the fresh air and the newly grown roses, taste juicy apples and pears picked out of a tree, and feel the softness of those flowers you just picked. Isn’t Spring just wonderful?

12. Shady

Spring is here spring is here we all go outside to play with a smile on our face we play all day with joy and the flowers bloom it brings a booming sight to our eyes the leafs of the trees come back the smell of delight moves back as we breath the cool spring air. Today was a happy day I went inside with a smile on my face I will never forget this wonderful spring day.

(Hope you enjoyed this poem.)

13. Amber
    April 26, 2009 at 5:20 pm (15 years ago)

At last,At last spring is here,
    Finally we get to pack away our winter gear,
    We get to enjoy recess with the sun shining bright
    and play out longer because the sun won’t go down until 7:30 at night
    Spring is watching flowers bloom and the grass turn green
    Spring is planting flowers and trees and maybe even beans
    Spring is when you see butterflies fly
    Spring is when bees are working really hard in their hives
    This is what spring is to me!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Aqsa
    April 26, 2009 at 6:00 pm (15 years ago)

Spring is here, spring is here,
    fresh bright flowers fill the air.
    Gardening trees with your lovable Mom,
    having BBQ’s in the air so calm.
    The air is warmer! Winter is over!
    Maybe I’ll look for a four-leafed clover.
    Me and my sister went for a walk,
    We went bird watching…oh! There’s one by a rock!
    Spring, for me is full of wonderful stuff,
    this poem is over, enough is enough!

This poem by:
    Aqsa

15. Tara Tomlinson
    April 26, 2009 at 6:02 pm (15 years ago)

Spring to me is a season that relaxes us from our horrible winters and makes us smile. When you wake up the birds are chirping as loud as can be. The flowers are starting to open and have thier pretty colours. Its time to put those winter boots and hats away because spring is here hooray.Get out those capris, t-shirts and mucsle shirts. Spring is here today but I know that winter will come back another day.But I’ll be happy when spring comes back the next day.——————————————————————————————————-By:Tara Tomlinson