Best Inventions of 2010

ipadWhat is your favourite invention of 2010?
Is it the robotic legs that help people walk, 3d glasses, the ipad or the personal Martin Jet Pack?
Browse and choose your favourite.
Tell us why its your favourite...do you have a personal connection to the new invention or do you just think it's amazing for what it can do for others....
Follow the link to choose your favourite:
http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/0,28757,2029497,00.html

17 Comments on Best Inventions of 2010

1. raquel
    November 26, 2010 at 5:04 pm (13 years ago)

In my opinion robotic legs are the most amazing invention for 2010. There are a lot of other great inventions, but do we really need them? Just for example, the ipad, it’s cool and personally I have seen it, but I ask myself is that really important? Everybody now has a computer at home, lot a people have cell phones where you have access to the net, why an ipad? I’m not saying it’s not a good invention or a good thing to have but it’s something we can live without it.
    Now back to robotic legs and why I say it’s the most amazing invention. Have you ever stop to think how lucky we are to have legs, arms, etc…everything working good in our body? A lot people don’t and they depend on other people to do the things for them, they aren’t able to get a job sometimes. Robotic legs can open so much doors to these disabled people. With robotic legs they can become independent, they can move themselves around, get a job, it’s an amazing thing for them and also for their families and friends as they don’t have to be always around and helping them. Robotic legs give them an opportunity “to fit” in this world where we see so much people caring about only material things and sometimes not seeing what’s really important for you to have a happy life.
    Robotic legs gives hope, happiness, independence to people!!!
    (brb)

2. Sofia
    November 26, 2010 at 5:13 pm (13 years ago)

HI I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS NEW THING CALLED XBOX 360 KINNECT ITS AMAZING I LOVE IT BUT I DONT HAVE IT (YET) ITS ACTUALLY MY INTERVIEW PRESENT THAT I GET CAUSE I WAS GOOD.

So i think people should get xbox 360 kinnect because it has fit games, bowling, and all these cool games. The best part of it is that you dont need a controler all there are is a connecter that you just use your body with this thing. The sport games help you get fit and the other games help you in sport it so great this is the best electronic thing on earth .

here is a place you can watch the commercail youll love it you make your own pet. take care of it too

love
    Sofia Sultani

3. Jacob No
    November 26, 2010 at 5:30 pm (13 years ago)

My favourite 2010 invention is the iPad. You could go on the internet because it’s wireless and you can use it anywhere. You could download games. Some are free but, the good ones cost a little bit money. The games are very fun, like my favourite Angry birds. The iPad is light and portable plus its small enough that you can put it in a bag or a purse. The screen is big and it is very clear. I’m lucky because my grandfather let us borrow his iPad for 3 months while he went to Korea. I play on it a lot. I wonder if I could get one for Christmas.

4. Vanessa
    November 27, 2010 at 10:29 am (13 years ago)

MY favourite invention of 2010 is the iPad!:D because it is just a EXTREMALY good invention! it’s portable,it has a touch screen and it has wirless internet! i kind of have connection because i might get a ipod touch for christmas and that has a touh screen too. I personaly love touch screens!

For Ex.when i go to walmart and we are near the electronic section i alway’s play with the iphones or the iPod touch.

that is why i think the ipad is the best invention of 2010!

vanessa

5. TUSHAR
    November 27, 2010 at 10:44 am (13 years ago)

My favourite 2010 invention would be the robotic legs because it gives people who can’t walk or lost their legs a freedom so many of us take for granted. With robotic legs, people who can’t use their legs can walk on their own with out any help when they get used to it. Disabled people also might have a hard time playing sports but, with the robot legs many of them could have a chance playing sports like soccer or basketball. Trying to get a job could also be really hard for them but with the robotic legs they can get a normal job. That is why I think that the robotic legs is a scientific break through and is the best invention of 2010.

6. kindreetyler
    November 27, 2010 at 4:21 pm (13 years ago)

My favorite invention of 2010 is the Terrafugia Transition. This flying car is great because when you are flying it, there is no traffic (because you are in the sky). But if you do want to fly the car you have to take off from the airport. This car is street-legal and includes an airbag. Also there are no stoplights or stop signs in the sky so you can fly wherever you want. If you crash, luckily the car has a built in parachute. The flying car is priced at $200,000 which is less than a Lamborghini costs! The flying car can fly two passengers about 500 miles at a cruising speed of 105 miles per hour! Even though the jet pack (one of the other best inventions of 2010) can also fly you through the air, the flying car protects you from bad weather (snow, hail, rain, etc). Flying cars are my favorite invention of 2010!

7. imranalli
    November 27, 2010 at 6:04 pm (13 years ago)

My favorit invention is the i pad. The i pad is my choice because you can down load music, games some you have to pay for some you have to for but most of them you do not have to pay for.The i pad is very simple to use and you could get the internet at your finger tip .the i pad is very educational because you can read books on it and if you don`t know word you can look it up on the internet.It is very simple to mentain.It can do 6 difrent things e.g it can take pitchers.The i pod is good for when you are going on trips because you can play games, do home work and send
    e mails from the internet.

I hope i get a i pad for cristmas

From,
    imran alli.

8. Ryan
    November 27, 2010 at 6:54 pm (13 years ago)

I think the robotic legs are the best invention of 2010. I think this because it would help the people who, have can’t walk. For example the i Pad it’s very cool I want one so badly, but I played it at the apple store, not really fun to play. Another reason is that the robotic legs could change man kind. Think of all the people whop can’t walk or they’re in a weal chair don’t you think they want to walk and try it. This invention could change the world for people who can’t walk. I think and some people think that your personal jet is not smart I know I know that it seems cool but why waste your money on something you can’t fly, and you would probly need a privet area to fly the jet.. Another thing about the i Pad is that you need an internet connection to use it so when you’re on the road you can’t use the internet.

9. katherine
    November 27, 2010 at 7:29 pm (13 years ago)

I think its the jetpack that you showed us. Just because its so amasing that a person can use a jetpack and that it is actually real I personally I think thats really amasing that man made something that can fly other than a plane. But really I love all sorts of inventions. But reslly the jetpack that you showed us is my favourite!!!!!!

10. Tanya
    November 28, 2010 at 12:21 pm (13 years ago)

What I am going to talk about is not on the list but still it is pretty awesome! It is the Wii. I picked this because you exercise and play really cool games on it. It is just like the new Playstation and the xBox 360 Kinnect but this is original! This is what made the new Playstation and the xBox 360 Kinnect. You xan play Just Dance and Just Dance 2. It`s excerise. It is really easy to use. You can use the internet , the shoping channel and the weather channel! Also you can play on the internet with people around the world. You can bring it to places but you have to have a plug and a T.V. Adults and children can use the Wii. That is why I chose the Wii. P.S. If you don`t have the Wii you shoukd go and get it!!!

By: Tanya 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

11. Selena Almeida
    November 28, 2010 at 2:37 pm (13 years ago)

My favorite invention of 2010 is the ipad because it is like a giant iphone but you cant call people on it. You use it to go on face book, twitter,msn and much more and that is a few different ways you can talk to people.Another reson why I love the ipad so much is that you can put the internet on it and go on gogle,youtube and many more websites.My most favorite part about the ipad is that it is touch screen and it is like a labtop.I love alot of different 2010 inventions but the IPAD IS MY FAVORITE 2010 INVENTION!!!!!!!

12. Maya
    November 28, 2010 at 2:50 pm (13 years ago)

i think the robotic legs is the best invention of 2010 because it allows people that have no or one leg to walk and run. these people will be allowed to get involved in other physical activities and even sports. now these people can feel more normal. being in a wheelchair prevents people from doing simple things in life… like walking to the local store or driving or going up the stairs. we take all these simple things for granted and don’t realize how lucky we are. to be able to walk, when you couldnt before, imagine what it would do to a person’s self-esteem. they wouldn’t be so dependent on others anymore. they will be able to do simple things by themselves. what could be more rewarding? an ipad? i think not.

by
    maya 😀

13. imranalli
    November 28, 2010 at 4:41 pm (13 years ago)

My favorit invention is the i pad. The i pad is my choice because you can down load music, games some you have to pay for some you do not have to pay for.The i pad is very simple to use and you could get the internet at your finger tip .the i pad is very educational because you can read books on it and if you don`t know a word you can look it up on the internet.It is very simple to mentain.It can do 6 diffrent things e.g it can take pitchers.The i pad is good for when you are going on trips because you can play games, do home work and send
    e mails from the internet.

I hope i get a i pad for cristmas

From,
    imran alli.

14. Brandon
    November 28, 2010 at 5:52 pm (13 years ago)

Plane or Car, no one knows? The best invention of 2010 is The Plane Car. If you don’t like the traffic then traffic then just take off (from the airport), to go home just land it (at the air port) and once you have it you could save money on traveling. The car is at a fairly low price of only $200,000. It’s not illegal (meaning it’s street-legal) and when you need to park then just fold up the wings and drive in your garage. Try not to crash, if you do there’s a parachute. It’s very safe in the air and also extremely fun .It carries two passengers and goes about 105 mph. So obviously the flying car is the best invention of 2010.

15. Becca
    November 28, 2010 at 5:59 pm (13 years ago)

I think that the 3-D t.v technology is good because it brings 3-D effects to your everyday t.v. programs. It makes all movies that you watch much more fun and scarier too, so that is why I like the 3-D t.v.

16. Adi
    November 28, 2010 at 7:30 pm (13 years ago)

In my opinion, the Eye Writer is the most amazing invention in 2010. The Eye Writer can help people with neuromuscular syndrome write. Imagine that your brain was active but your body wasn`t. You wouldn`t be able to communicate with anyone else. That`s where the Eye Writer comes in. The person with neuromuscular syndrome can put the Eye Writer on, like glasses. With an eye motion, you can draw or write on paper. I think that Eye Writer is a very important invention because it can save people from dying. If the person is facing another problem besides neuromuscular syndrome and nobody knows about it, then the person could pass away. Unlike, most of the other inventions this invention can save lives. There are some inventions that I think we don`t need, like the better 3-D glasses. We have normal 3-D glasses and the better ones are only slightly better. I think that in the future this will be popular and everyone who will have neuromuscular syndrome will have an Eye Writer. These are the reasons why I believe that Eye Writer should be the number one best invention in 2010.

17. T.J. Landry
    November 28, 2010 at 8:19 pm (13 years ago)

The jetpack is the best of 2010. you can fly were ever and the army could use it so they could be up high and the could snip enimies. You could go past all the cars and get were you want to go faster.