School Uniform Debate

school-uniformTo wear or not to wear…that is the question.

Through the book “Branded” the topic that has been at issue is of school uniforms.  If Kindree and Lisgar enforced school uniforms, would you be in favour of this move.  If so, why would you be in support of such a decision?  If not, what do you like best of not wearing an official school uniform?

We are all interested in your opinion on this very debatable issue.

14 Comments on School Uniform Debate

1. aliamaria
    December 16, 2010 at 6:18 pm (13 years ago)

I am not in favor of school uniforms… I have worn uniforms in school before and it really isn’t that fun at all. Everybody is wearing the same exact thing and you might confuse a person with someone else, you may hurt their feelings too. To me clothes represent your style and personality, you can’t show that as much when you’re wearing the same clothes as someone else. Clothes are a way to express yourself and your fashion sense, what if you want to be a designer when you grow up? Wearing a uniform won’t help that career very much unless you desparetly want to design uniforms(I would not). You feel way more comfortable when you dress as you please and as your parents would want you to. This uniform topic is more about what YOU would like to wear, a uniform doesn’t let you express your own self, they shouldn’t have everyone the same. Another point is my mom says they were very expensive for the quality of the clothing, and they do not wear well. You have to buy 2 of each and do laundry more often, which is costly also. They usually are also not that appealing and comfortable.

2. jr mohan
    December 16, 2010 at 6:57 pm (13 years ago)

it is a very bad idea to wear school uniforms because you might think that the uniforms dont feel comfortable. but normal clothes feel comfortable. also the clothes you have can make people reconize you and these are some of the reasons why i think normal clothes are better

3. tanyaanand
    December 16, 2010 at 7:01 pm (13 years ago)

In my opinion our school SHOULD wear uniforms.
    That is my opinion because no student will say “My friends have Nike shoes but I don’t I WANT NIKE SHOES!!” Each student will have resposiblity and disapline. Uniforms are one more step to responsiblity. How you ask?? Well each student will have to be careful for not droping food on themseleves. Falling in mud puddle NO! if we have uniforms that won’t happen as much. Students will make better choices of what to do and what not to do. That is why we should have uniforms!

By: Tanya Anand 😀 😀 🙂

4. zain khan
    December 16, 2010 at 7:02 pm (13 years ago)

I think it is a bad idea to wear school uniforms because people will get tiered of wearing the same thing every day since we had this unit I have been asking my friends if they would like the idea to have school uniforms and most of them sead it would be a bad idea.

5. Ryan
    December 16, 2010 at 7:22 pm (13 years ago)

Well i would have to go with both, first I would want uniforms because you would’nt get teased on what you wear. But I wouldn’t have uniforms because, what you wear shows what kind of person you are like,rich,poor,or in the middlle. But I would say that we should wear uniforms, because you woouldn’t have to waste time searching for the right clothes.

P.S you can cross that excuse off your list

6. Sofia
    December 16, 2010 at 7:25 pm (13 years ago)

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR
    I HATE HATE SCHOOL UNIFORMS ITS SCARY IT IS A NIGHTMARE FOR ME, REALLY A SCHOOLL UNIFORM AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.

OK no no no no no no i hate school uniforms they are ewwww i will not go to the school if it had a uniform well if it was only that bad part of the school then i would go, if not that then never. Personally students should not have schooluniforms because how are we going to tell the differences of all the other students i mean seriouslly it is very very ennoying. PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO WEAR WHAT THEY WANT TO WEAR I MEAN SERIOUSLLY.

So never bring school uniforms to kindree because of the horrorr it has no SPARKLES I MEAN SERIOUSLLY I AM GETTING SICK.

well bybye
    love your student who HATES SCHOOL UNIFORMS,
    Sofia.
    Sultani

7. Jacob No
    December 16, 2010 at 7:27 pm (13 years ago)

It would be a good idea to wear school uniforms because…
    A) other people won’t make fun of a type of clothes a person is wearing.
    B) You don`t have to think about what you have to wear.
    C) You don`t need to call your mom to ask were your marching pants are.
    E) You would always know where your uniform is. 🙂

8. vanessa
    December 16, 2010 at 7:34 pm (13 years ago)

i don’t support it because wearing an iffical uniform means that you can’t show your creativity of what you are like.
    for example if i make a tidie shirt and i want to wear it i can’t bacause i would need to wear a uniform.
    if you wear a uniform you are the same as eveyone and you blend in, but if you wear anything you want you will stand out!
    i like to stand out and not blend in but that i just my opinion so that is what i think!
    bye

vanessa

9. Tyler
    December 16, 2010 at 8:28 pm (13 years ago)

Kindree and Lisgar shouldn’t have school uniforms. I don’t think so because school uniforms wouldn’t let students be unique. You should be yourself. Also schools shouldn’t have uniforms because you may have trouble recognizing people because they are all wearing the same thing. School uniforms would be very boring because all the students are wearing the same thing. That is why I think that Kindree and Lisgar should not have school uniforms. School uniforms would be VERY uninteresting and dull.

10. tushar16
    December 16, 2010 at 8:30 pm (13 years ago)

What I think about the idea of wearing school uniforms is that it is a bad idea. Some people might not be able to afford it. Kids might not be able to play certain sports if they have a uniform on. Kids have to have the sense to pick what they want to wear and to make their own choices. They might get made fun of by people that don’t go to their own school. Some kids might be uncomfortable wearing uniforms. Those are the reasons that I don’t like uniforms and that is my opinion on wearing uniforms to school. By Tushar

11. Becca
    December 16, 2010 at 8:43 pm (13 years ago)

No I do not like school uniforms because it does not allow me to express myself with what I want to wear. School uniforms make everybody look alike and without the uniform everybody can look different.

12. Maitri
    December 17, 2010 at 8:38 am (13 years ago)

I do not think that kids should wear uniforms.

1.They should not wear them because kids look different from all schools.

2.They should also not wear them because what if a girl isn’t alowed to wear short skirt and a boy not alowed to wear a belt.

The last reoson is that maybe because of their relion they have to wear a certain kind of clothing.

13. Sofia
    January 4, 2011 at 7:58 pm (13 years ago)

HI MR.WOODS
    THE HOMEWORK INN NOT UP YET

BYEBYE

14. Ahkash
    January 4, 2011 at 8:16 pm (13 years ago)

I am not a favor of that move.

first of all why would they make that move?, what I mean is that no one wears any bad or offensive shirts to kindree, so there is no reason to make that move.

second of all no one could express them selves by not wearing different cloths.

third is that that saying about try to be different then others like wearing different cloths does not work.

so I don’t see the point of doing that for no reson