Play some Algebra Games

Your task:
1. Complete 3 of these math problems. The last problem you do, take a screen shot or take a picture of the screen.

http://nlvm.usu.edu/en/nav/frames_asid_157_g_2_t_1.html?open=instructions&from=topic_t_1.html

2. Write a description after you solved it…explain what patterns you see in your solution, what helped you, what were some challenges you experienced?

3. Ask an adult to do one of the problems and ask them to tell you what strategy they used to figure it out.
4. Have a good weekend

Here

3 Comments on Play some Algebra Games

1. nabeel45
    June 17, 2012 at 2:36 pm (12 years ago)

Some challenges I experienced were that it was hard to get 23 in each column. It was also hard to do the other puzzles. Some patterns were that you just add the numbers and then subtract the numbers or add more so you get 23,17 or 20.

2. nabeel45
    June 17, 2012 at 2:37 pm (12 years ago)

Some challenges I experienced were that it was hard to get 23 in each column. It was also hard to do the other puzzles. Some patterns were that you just add the numbers and then subtract the numbers or add more so you get 23,17 or 20. That’s the challenges and the patterns I saw in the puzzles.

3. Aira
    June 26, 2012 at 7:53 pm (12 years ago)

Some challenges I experienced were that it was sometimes hard to get 23 in each column. A strategy I used to help me was arranging the numbers to the side that equaled 23 than I put them in and walah you are done. Some patterns were that you just add the numbers and then subtract the numbers or add more so you get 23, 17 or 20. And those are the challenges, strategies and patterns I saw while I did this.