What’s the Intended Message

Pick one of the attached videos to comment on. In your response to either of these videos, explain to us in a one paragraph answer what is the message being presented and did this car company effectively present that message.  Please give evidence from the commercial, your own experience or other things that this reminds you of  to back up your opinion.  Happy Watching and Commenting.  We all can’t wait to read what you have to say.

43 Comments on What’s the Intended Message

1. yashvi
    January 15, 2013 at 4:39 pm (11 years ago)

the 100% nissan leaf
    the value of 0,imagine 0 pollution.
    nissan is telling us the value of zero is imporant we should have 0 pollution. by buying this car you will stop a little bit of this pollution cause the car runs on electric power not gas. we should have have 0 pollution that is nissan s message.the company did a good job presenting the message.but to get readers buy the car they could take about animals effected by the gas or something people like and is effected by the pollution.this car is very good for the enviroment.

2. batman26618
    January 15, 2013 at 4:42 pm (11 years ago)

If there was zero everything then we will have zero food. We would have zero people and more stuff. So this video talks about if we had zero of everything. That means if there is zero of everything then there will be nothing. I liked that they said there if there was zero pollution and other good stuff they said.

3. kylawinger
    January 15, 2013 at 4:46 pm (11 years ago)

I think the message that is being presented is trrying to tell us not to use alot fuel, and they want to try to persuade to buy the electric car.

4. bavita
    January 15, 2013 at 5:21 pm (11 years ago)

#1 video
    The video is try to tell us is that “don’t use lot’s of gas for your car instead by this car because this car contains 0 gas”. So it is good! The people they showed in the video are wasting lot’s of gas and they don’t need all that gas for running, phone, clock,coffee, microwave,hair dryer, computer and more so stop wasting gas

5. Amrita
    January 15, 2013 at 6:16 pm (11 years ago)

I think the first video is trying to say that too many stuff are running on gas like some cars. Also they are trying to say instead of buying a car that runs on gas that harms the environment buy our Nissan car that is electric and it doesn’t harm the environment. Nissan wants us to use less gas and buy their electric car and try to buy more stuff that is electric. Also I think they are saying don’t harm the environment with much pollution. I think the Nissan electric car is a very good product and it’s good for the environment and Nissan had made a wonderful point! Over all it is telling us that the planet would be a better environment by not using gas in cars. Finally the most wonderful thing is the car is 100% electric!!!! – Amrita 😀

6. rachel
    January 15, 2013 at 6:25 pm (11 years ago)

The message of the video is that allot of things produce exsuset that pullouts the air and that people use it allot, like in the video you see so many people doing things and almost everything they had, had exste coming out. When the man was at the thing that look like something you would get some water from, he was actually fueling his computer with gas, gas is used to fuel cars and in this video its saying that what if everything ran on gas, our world would be very pullouted because these devices they used could only run on one thing that could ruin the environment by killing plants and people had to go to doctors to give them treatments to keep off sickness’es and infections.

7. Souvik
    January 15, 2013 at 7:19 pm (11 years ago)

Second commercial. This commercial is telling us that the Nissan leaf uses zero gas, therefore zero pollution. Zero pollution means that global warming will get slower and more animals will survive, so they also thought about the animal lovers. Nissan is also trying to tell you that if you this car you will be creating a difference. Not zero difference!!

8. Ankit
    January 15, 2013 at 7:43 pm (11 years ago)

the message of the Nissan video is that we use so much energy for such little things like blow drying our hair or using the toaster. and a majority of this energy is using gas and gas is not good for the environment and Nissan is saying that all the cars pollute the air if they run on gas. So they are trying to sell a hybrid car. which does not run on gas, which means that those cars will not pollute the air. I personally think they are doing a great job on selling that car Because they make you think of all the things that we do that pollute the air or use a lot of energy.

9. anika
    January 15, 2013 at 9:15 pm (11 years ago)

The message that is being presented is that imagined that everythng ran on gas. gas is bad for the earth the trees the animals habitats they so thats why they started to make elexticel cars.Yes the car company did effetively present that message because everyone does car about th planet and wants to make a diffrence and to stop poullutin.

10. jenniferfan
    January 16, 2013 at 5:19 pm (11 years ago)

The message is that nissan runs on 0 gallons of gasoline and if it ran on 0 gas, it would’nt poullte the enviroment because pollution is getting into a big problem in the world.

11. anannya123
    January 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm (11 years ago)

In the first video they are tell us one thing. this is the car you want to buy because it is environmental safe. 0 pollution

12. kaileyfrost

video # 2

I think what that they were trying to say that if you buy there electric car you are helping by stoping the air from being poullted and helping save animals habitats and that the value of ZERO is acually very high… because ZERO pollution is verry important and they did a great job presenting that!!!!!!!!!!!

13. kindreebrady
    January 16, 2013 at 6:10 pm (11 years ago)

The message in The Value of Zero commercial is that using an electric car saves the environment. They did a good job convincing me that buying an electric car is the best thing to do. It shows many objects in the enviroment that show a zero. The ending of the commercial said that zero is not nothing it is everthing and that means using zero gas for a car will improve the earth.

14. Aleem
    January 16, 2013 at 6:44 pm (11 years ago)

I think the first video is about you should not pollout and in the video every thing is useing gas. Thing that use gas such as cars, vans and trucks all pollout the air and it is bad for the earth. But the Nissan saves the earth by not useing gas.

15. myahussain
    January 16, 2013 at 6:53 pm (11 years ago)

Nissan is showing you that there car is 0% gas or gasoline and 100 % of the car runs on electricity. That this car is good for you and the inviorment it is good for you because you don’t have to fill up your car all the time you can just charge it. This car runs on electricity not gasoline the disadvantages are it takes a long time to get fully charged. They were talking about the number zero in the beginning trying to get you to imagine a world where everything is zero zero pollution, zero litter around the world with would be a very clean place. Like zero people who are stealing or robing. In the beginning of the first video they made you imagine a world where everything ran on gasoline like not only cars everything you computer laptop chair,tools kitchen stuff like. Toasters oven, and fridges even toys like x box and wii. There message is that if we all get electric cars we can slow down pollution and global warning! 🙂

16. sonia18
    January 16, 2013 at 7:12 pm (11 years ago)

I think that the first video is saying that gas is not god for the envirement and that we need to try and use less gas, and that to many things are involed with gas. And tht in the nissan video everything is used by gas. We should by the nissan car because it is powerd by zero gas. so it will be better for the invirement . I think that the nissan car is better for the envirement and that ws should bye them and that the are amazing for they evirement

17. trad
    January 16, 2013 at 8:27 pm (11 years ago)

nissan is trying to show you that if everything ran on gas than what would happen if the world ran out of gas and what there trying to say is bye buting an elctric car you will save the envierment and video zero there trying to say that if theres zero of everything than ther will be nothing left in the earth because the earth was to paluted

18. Om Mistry
    January 16, 2013 at 8:44 pm (11 years ago)

I did the nissain LEAF commercial. There message is That if everything had a motor it would cause pollution because its harder to keep starting the engines and filing up the gas and electric motors you just have to charge it and then use it and that is alot more easier than a normal gas motor.

19. tasmiah
    January 17, 2013 at 7:12 pm (11 years ago)

2 video
    The message is the company nissan is trying to sell a elecric car which stops the air from being polluted.And it will also save animals habitats which will help the enviorment a lot i think the product that nissan is selling is awesome!!! 🙂

20. viduni
    January 17, 2013 at 7:32 pm (11 years ago)

I chose the first video . The first video is about LaFortaine Nissan – Nissan Leaf gas powered everything commercial. Nissan is showing you that this car run on 0% gasoline and 100% battery power. The LaFortaine Nissan Leaf is an envoronmently safe. If everything ran on gas it wouldn’t be healthy for the earth because with all of that polution in the air each day it will become hotter and produce more global warming. The edvantion of a battery powered car is that the Nissan Leaf can go five hours with a full charged battery. Imagine in the future there will be battery stations instead of gas stations. You could charge your Nissan Leaf at these “battery” station. They are saying that if everything ran on gas then there will be lots of polution in the air and it will make it harder to breath. In the video the lady who is jogging is starting to cough because of the polution and she is waving her hand in front of her like she was trying to breath better. In the future I hope that they don’t invent gas powered alarm clock, coffee machine, microwave, hair dryer, tooth brush, cell phone, head phones, computer, laptop, dentist tools, and cars.

21. chrismyrox
    January 18, 2013 at 6:39 am (11 years ago)

Video 1 talks about how everyone is relying on gas and oil to power up their cars and machines. That’s why Nissan (the car company) made electric cars. Instead of relying on oil to power cars, cars can be charged at your house. Nissan made electric cars to help stop global warming because the gas coming out of the back of cars pollutes the air. Nissan made a clear and understanding point on their commercial by telling everyone that the gas coming out of cars pollutes the air so it’s time to start thinking green. So I think Nissan did a good job explaining their message.

22. farahhabibi
    January 20, 2013 at 2:30 pm (11 years ago)

1st video:
    This Nissan commercial is telling people to stop polluting the environment by buying this nissan car.This will stop Global Warming and other animal and plant distructions.As I saw in the first video everything ran on gas like the microwave,the laptop,the hairdryer and etc.The advantages for the nissan electric car are that the car runs on electric power. If we run everything on gas in the future,the disadvantages will be that when we inhale the air we will mostly get the polluted air that is gas and it may cause severe diseases and the plants will die and the daily drinking water may get polluted with dirty substances. So if we buy the new electrical car we may stop the global warming and save some animals and mostly trees and plants.

__________
    Farah.h

23. Michaela
    January 24, 2013 at 11:09 am (11 years ago)

The first commercial. The message that the Nissan LEAF company is presenting us with is that if everything ran on gas ther would be a lot of pollution and global warming will increase then more animals will die and some will disapear. They effectivley presented the message to me because they did a pretty good job making that car and so every car doesn’t have to run gas and so there would be less pollution and they did good convincing people on buying the car.

24. Hannan

I really like the first video because the people who are doing the video are telling that if every thing was powered by gas it would be bad so thats why the Nissan company built a car that is electricity. It wouldn’t be bad for the air and it doasn’t use gas. It will make the cars a better place!

25. jayden
    January 24, 2013 at 11:12 am (11 years ago)

the nissan leaf gas power. I really like how they showed how much other electronic devieses wast gas. like the electronic tooth cleaner. I never new it poluted so much gas in the air and the alarm clock poluted tons of gas. maybe when I get home Il tell my dad to by thenissan leaf gas power car.

26. faiza

video 1.I think it is good that some thing in the world does not run on gas or the whole world will be plooted and that is so bad for the envirmnent and for use people.So it is good that there is a car that dosen’t use gas.This video thought me that there is lots of things that we use need gas to work.So the people who desined the car really looked into the gas plooted.I think everyone should buy this car know.

27. jayden

the nissan leaf gas power. I really like how they showed how much other electronic devieses wast gas. like the electronic tooth cleaner. I never new it poluted so much gas in the air and the alarm clock poluted tons of gas. maybe when I get home Il tell my dad to by thenissan leaf gas power car

28. Laith
    January 24, 2013 at 11:13 am (11 years ago)

I like the first video because it is telling that if evreythintg works on gas then it will cause pulution then all then the animals will die and in the camercal it shows that if you buy the car Nissan then you do not need gas the camercal is also is saying that you do not need gas for everything!!!!

29. Nina

I would have to say the second video because it’s message is trying to tell you that it is 100% non-polluting which means it has 0% gas and 0% polluting which means that they are trying to save the world in a way for many reasons like to help endangered species which could die or get harmed with more pollution.

30. Manthan

I liked the first video. What is was talking about is that in our daily life we use a lot of gas. Then it says that what if the whole world ran on gas there would be a lot of polution which is bad for the enviorment. The car that the Nissan company made was running on eletricity which maybe they thought that a lot of thing that we use is run on gas like for example of machines, the alarm clock and when the girl was running in the morning she had a something on her hand which ran on gas. It had a good affect a specially on the enviorment that if people buy this car they will not speard polution that there right now doing. It did a good job in persuviving other people to buy there car. I liked the video and it was persuving.

31. Aditya
    January 24, 2013 at 11:14 am (11 years ago)

I liked the 1 video because what if everthing worked on gas it would be so much puluttion and evervone could even die and thats why they putted this video to tell evervone that much puluttion is not good.

32. David

nissan leaf gas power. This video is trying to tell you what will happen if we ran out of gas and that theres a car that can help you save money and the inviorment and having electonic items sends smoke into the air witch is also poluting the air and an electronic car will not pulute.

33. Timothy
    January 24, 2013 at 11:15 am (11 years ago)

The 1 video is trying too show us the future if evrything ran on gas and how much polution we are causing to the planet and everything that is living on it. So nissan is making a car that is everything against polution.It prevents global warming and helps the earth and since it runs on electicity in helps to keep the air pure for everything and everyone who is living on the planet. I think it was good at representing all the good things the car could do because itshowed you how much gas a average person would use on a daily bases and how it hurts every one and everything around it. Its almost like a poison to everything thats living.Overall Nisan has done an exellent job of addvertising this product.

34. Asia
    January 24, 2013 at 11:16 am (11 years ago)

I think the first video has a good point on not wasting gas because wasting gas is bad for the enviourment and they also said that if everytime gas would be wasted they wouuld have more in many diffrent objects. they had a good perswading and buying the neison car and that it has many fulled gas so u wont need to stop at the gas sataion time after time. its also saying to use less gas because the video is trying to show you what could happen if we run out of gas.

35. hassan

I liked the first video becouse I am glad that not every workes on gas,if it did we would be out of in no time and it makes alot of sound so you couldn’t even sleep.If you put gas in some thing it praduces a lot of smock.

36. yusra
    January 24, 2013 at 11:17 am (11 years ago)

I liked video 1 because it showed how life would be with only gas and it looked horrible. It even tells you that you can use 100% no gas. I also liked the messege, and the messege is that you shuoldn’t depend on gas . They are telling you that you should buy a nissan car because it goes on 100% zero gas. this would be affected to the envierment. For example they used gas using coffie machine and they used oil runing laptop,and they used a machine that you have to pull and then gas comes out that is how you can type. That is why I liked video 1.

37. Imaad

I liked the first video because it was showing us how we are polluting the earth like in the video they were showing how everything they used was used on gas wich was pullting the earth and causing global warming to the earth so thats why Nissan (the car company)made this commercial to help the enviroment be green by buying this electric car. I think this video is affective and others will buy this electric car.

38. Dylan

I think the first video was trying too show us not to use that muck fuleand gas so every body is happy and not just smelling smock and pollution all over. So they made the Nissan serantro that is just powered by electricity and it prevents global worming. I think every body should now get that car so people won’t cause global worming and smell smog and pollution all over the city so no one will use gas ever again. It did a good job doing the promotion me and i think everybody well see this video and cange there car so we don’t have that much things running on gas and you should by the product there will be no global worming.

39. khulood
    January 24, 2013 at 11:18 am (11 years ago)

I think the first video is trying to show us not to use alot of gas and stop polluting the envirnment and stop using alot of electricity and if people buy the nissan car it wil save animals and it will also save plants.

40. Alicia

I chossse the first video because of the message.To me the message was that everything was running on gas and if you imagine that we used gas for everything then insted of the world being nice and pretty it would ugly.The water would be dirty, the air would be poulluted, the trees and plants would be dieing, plus the animals and us need to drink water to survive.The enviroments would be poulluted.That is why I like the first video.

41. Ridhi
    January 24, 2013 at 11:19 am (11 years ago)

the video I thought gave more information about the 100% nissan leaf was video 2.First, I liked how they were showing how much 0 effects our life, like 0 pollution will effect the air.Next,the way they showed how many 0’s there are in everyday life,which shows when 0 enviromental hazards are there the planet will be better. Also, the way they portrayed how much their electric car would help.Another thing I thought was that they were able to show the message but, I think it could be better if they brought more attention towards the car instead of 0.Finally, overall I think the commercial was good but,can be better.The commercial wouldn’t convince me too much to buy it.

42. Rafay
    January 24, 2013 at 11:22 am (11 years ago)

In video 1 Nissan is telling us buy this car because it doesn’t run on gas and it doesn’t pollute it saves the earth from globle warming and by the number of cars that we are useing today that’s alot of globle warming so I agree with the video that we should use electric cars.

43. MARKUS HOGG
    February 1, 2013 at 4:44 pm (11 years ago)

the message is that everything runs on so much energy and most of that energy comes from gas that is why Nissan is trying to sell a electric car which doesn’t use gas