Your Favourite Invention in 2013

BEST INVENTIONSWhat is your favourite invention of 2013?
Is it the driverless toy car, Sony’s Smart Lens, a new style of motorcycle, the invisible skyscraper, Nest Protect Smoke Alarm or the Amazing Gravity Light?

Browse and choose your favourite.
Tell us why it’s your favourite…do you have a personal connection to the new invention or do you just think it’s amazing for what it can do for others….
Follow the link to choose your favourite:

http://techland.time.com/2013/11/14/the-25-best-inventions-of-the-year-2013/?iid=tl-page-lead#slide/the-gravitylight/?&_suid=138722259632805247219199066962

Video:

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/S9QsgHjIKPc” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

28 Comments on Your Favourite Invention in 2013

1. batman26618
    January 22, 2013 at 4:30 pm (11 years ago)

I have to admit that contrary to what I expected, the iPad mini is a great device. Along with many other gadget fans, I watched as it was unveiled and compared to the iPad 2, instead of the latest generation iPad. I was surprised to hear that there would not be a retina display, and figured I’d buy it just so I could write about it. Well, it arrived on Friday and I have been using it throughout the weekend, and I have to say that I like it better than my iPad 3.

2. Om
    January 22, 2013 at 4:59 pm (11 years ago)

My favourite invention of 2012 is the hybrid car and the electric car.

3. kindreenicholas
    January 22, 2013 at 5:24 pm (11 years ago)

my favrouite invention of 2012 is the 3d TV because in stead of of going to see a movie in 3d you can watch it at home plus it looks like something is popping out of the TV

4. sonia18
    January 22, 2013 at 6:40 pm (11 years ago)

my favoourite invention of 2012 has to be the Google glasses! that must be awsome. why I think it is amazing is because it’s like carrying around internet every where. so if you get lost you don’t need a GPS your glasses will have a map on it.

5. myahussain
    January 22, 2013 at 9:32 pm (11 years ago)

My favorite thing invented in 2012 is the Google glass people can text share photos video chat and even access the Internet! It is so small. And it’s a computer what’s next computers the size of your finger! It is amazing that they made it so small my only question is how would the mouse work will it be touch or you talk to it ? It is 1.3 cm display . It would be great to have the Internet wile you walk around on your eye it is a cool.

6. kylawinger
    January 23, 2013 at 9:34 am (11 years ago)

My favourite invention in 2012 was the tech pets because they look a little bit like real puppys and they make a good stand for your phone or your ipod or something else.

7. trad
    January 23, 2013 at 9:42 am (11 years ago)

the google glasses are the best ivention of 2012. There the best ivention of the year because havnt you hade a time where you cant search the web with your phone. But these glasses our so amazing you can now search the web probaly within seconds. Also you can send pictures and search ANYTHING ON THE WEB.Thats why the google glasses are the best ivention of the year because they will change the way we can now accses the internet and how we use it.

8. kaileyfrost
    January 23, 2013 at 9:43 am (11 years ago)

GOOGLE GLASSES…
    I think that the best invention of 2012 is the google glasses.I think that because you can video chat, search the web and take and share photos without really doing much.I think that soon the glasses will become a daily thing in our lives and it is just soooooo cool that we can walk places and go on the web at the same time but without holding anything!!! That is why it is DEFFINITLY the BEST invention of 2012!!!

9. tasmiah
    January 23, 2013 at 9:47 am (11 years ago)

My favourite ivention is the Hybrid computer gamepad.The hybrid computer gamepad is the first ever mouse design revolving around the popular Assassin`s Creed console game.This mouse has leather buttons and the Assassin `s Creed A insignia located at the back of the mouse.There have been other versions created in the past, but none of them match-up to this model.The model also has 16 wireless buttons you can use too.

10. missmander
    January 23, 2013 at 9:55 am (11 years ago)

Eliodomestico Solor Water Disttiller!

This new invention can make fresh,clean water and it runs on solor eletricity witch is a clean and renuable eletricity. In some cases we could give this invention to countrys that don’t have clean water. With our world using factorys more our water and air is geting popluted, so with this invention we will not feel so gilty because we clean the water. Maybe soon Gabriele Diamanti will invent somehting that will clean the air. People won’t use there tap that much to get water they can go grab any typ of water and pureafie it, people will not need to pay taxes, our lakes can be safe because we will not need the water all the time. This invention is the best invention of 2012!

11. myahussain
    January 23, 2013 at 9:59 am (11 years ago)

My favorite thing invented in 2012 is the Google glass. People can text, share photos, video chat,book apointments and even access the Internet! It is so small. And it’s a computer what’s next computers the size of your finger! It is verry usefull so you will never forget your apointments. my only question is how would the mouse work will it be touch or you talk to it ? It is 1.3 cm display . It would be great to have the Internet wile you walk around on your eye it is a cool.

12. Souvik
    January 23, 2013 at 4:30 pm (11 years ago)

My favourite is the google glasses because you can go to google maps anywhere in a car, while walking etc. this invention can replace the GPS because it a all in one small thing.You can take videos or pictures while you are enjoying the program for example fireworks when a person takes pictures of fireworks they don’t get to see the real thing though their eyes(only though the camera) but though google glasses you can see the real thing and take pictures of it at the same time. That is why I think the google glasses are the greatest invention in 2012.

13. yashvi
    January 23, 2013 at 6:51 pm (11 years ago)

My favourite invention of 2012 Is the solar powered water distiller.This invention will help people in need for clean water after a person or a town is got one there is no extera charge (for example bateries)the sun is charging and making it work.This will make better and healthy lives for many people.Right now it is 67% more efficient than existing models.I like this invention because it can help many people who don`t have clean water.This invention is very useful and awesome!What is your favourite invention?

14. anannya123
    January 23, 2013 at 9:19 pm (11 years ago)

Google glasses

It is amazing that you can call, search the web and do other stuff with just a wink!
    And what it can do for others, you are driving and you get a call, you don’t need to pick up to anwser the phone and it is glasses in fashion! How cool is that! And don’t get me started on the self inflating tires! 🙂

BY ANANNYA

15. Christopher
    January 24, 2013 at 6:46 am (11 years ago)

My favorite invention of 2012 is the Google web browser glasses. It is my favorite invention of 2012 because don’t need a computer to search the web, you can just put on the glasses and do it. The Google glasses have all the regular features of a normal computer: you can see traffic, watch videos and more. I don’t have a personal connection to the glasses but it does amaze me and I’m sure it will change people’s lives in many ways.

16. Josh
    January 24, 2013 at 1:56 pm (11 years ago)

I liked the first video about what life would be like with things running by gas. Like hair dryers, computers, I-Pods,phone, water jugs and cars. They would pollute the air. But there is cars that run on electricity not gas. They want you to buy those cars because so they won’t pollute the air. They did a good job with the commercial so you don’t have to get cars that run on gas. You can now get cars that run on electricity.

17. bavita
    January 24, 2013 at 5:03 pm (11 years ago)

My favorite invention in 2012 is the Google glasses. Why I like the google glasses is because instead of useing a laptop, ipod, pad to search up things you can just use the google glasses instead and people can text share photos video chat and even access the Internet! It is so small. And it’s a computer. Thats soooooooo cool. You can do the exact same thing on the glasses and on computer.

18. viduni
    January 24, 2013 at 6:27 pm (11 years ago)

My favorite invention of 2012 is the Google Glass. The Google Glass is my favorite invention of 2012 because as we get into middle we will be using a lot more technology based learning. Which means that we are going to do a lot more stuff on the Internet, and if we use the Google Glass then we could do all that work on the computer at our decks with the Google Glass.

19. superstephen
    January 25, 2013 at 2:02 pm (11 years ago)

The best invention was the smart phone because the smart phone is a mobile phone built on a mobile operation system. The first smart phone combined the function of a personal digital assistant (PDA) with a mobile phone.

20. superstephen
    January 25, 2013 at 2:08 pm (11 years ago)

Many modern smartphones also include high-resolution touchscreens and web browsers that display standard web pages as well as mobile-optimized sites. High-speed data access is provided by Wi-Fi and mobile broadband. In recent years, the rapid development of mobile app markets and of mobile commerce have been drivers of smartphone adoption.

21. Amrita
    January 26, 2013 at 12:23 pm (11 years ago)

Google Glasses

I think the Google Glasses are one of the best inventions of 2012 because they let you do so many stuff!!! They let you search the web, share photos like on intsgram. People can text, video chat, and even book an appointment in just a few seconds !! One of the best things about the google glasses is that we can go on the interent anywhere as long as the glasses are with us! The glasses are travel sized, so you can even take them with you on a vacation. I really think this invention is great! The people who invented must have put a whole lot of work and thought into it! This is definitely the best invention of 2012!! Don’t you think so???? I think the google glasses will be something that will be in trend and many people will have it. This is why the wonderful google glasses IS the BEST INVENTION of 2012! I will be saving up my money to get it! Who knows what will be NEXT!!?? – Amrita B)

22. Anika Azore
    January 26, 2013 at 2:01 pm (11 years ago)

My favourite invention of 2012 is techpet because it’s so cool.Instead of buying a real pet\dog you can buy the techpet for a lot more less an you dont even need to buy food.Also it’s so easy to train them to do tricks and they listin to anthing you say there so darn alorable.It doese’nt bite toy dont need to walk it and you dont need to worry about picking up there dropings.This is obviously the best invention of 2012

23. kindreebrady
    January 26, 2013 at 5:47 pm (11 years ago)

My favourite invention of 2012 is Google Glasses because I like using computers. I would find them very useful because I already wear glasses and would be able to surf the internet easily and comfortably. Also, I would be able to access the internet faster and from wherever I wanted.

24. Aleem
    January 27, 2013 at 10:30 am (11 years ago)

My favorite invention of 2012 is the self inflating tires. The self inflating tires can help if your tire goes flat in stead of takeing it off it will inflat it’s self. This tire can help if you are doing off roading.

25. Hafsa
    January 28, 2013 at 9:34 am (11 years ago)

My favourite invention of 2012 is the indoor clouds. Its my favourite invention in the world because I really like clouds and it’s so surprising that person can make Indoor Clouds. If its really rainy outside I can’t see clouds but, with this wonderful invention I can see clouds without even going outside.

26. jenniferfan
    January 28, 2013 at 9:39 am (11 years ago)

My most favourite invention of 2012 is the indoor clould because if it is really rainy outdoors and you want to go outside but you can’t, then you should get indoor choulds. Also if your mom or dad doesn’t let you go outside then you should also get indoor clouds. Best invention. Bye

27. Ankit
    January 28, 2013 at 8:15 pm (11 years ago)

the Curiosity Rover was the best invention of 2012. Because no man can survive on mars and now they have made a rover that can easily go around get samples, take photos and videos! When the rover being launched was one of the biggest events of 2012. The rover is a great invention and very hard to design. It took about 1-2 years to prepare and 8 months to get it to Mars. Also I am very interested in finding out like how the outside world is and I thought it would never be possible to see how Mars is like and now NASA has proved that its possible. This rovers mission has been very successful and that is why I think the rover is the best invention of 2012

By: Ankit

28. farahhabibi
    January 31, 2013 at 8:02 pm (11 years ago)

My favourite 2012 invention is the Google glasses. It is the google glasses because you can carry wherever you go, while travelling,or an office meeting etc.Instead of using laptops,computers,or even mini electronics like ipads,ipods,etc… We can easily use these glasses. I think it is very cool!