What can I do?

earthList 3 things that you and your family will do for the rest of the week to become a little greener.

This Sunday is Earth Day.

Answer does Earth Day really matter?  If yes or no, please explain

Explain in a paragraph why those small steps will make a difference. Please be detailed.

Also, embed a video or attach a link to a video or website or blog that you found interesting talking about Earth Day.

You can check out: http://www.earthdaytv.net/ to further help you support your answer…or http://earthday2011.org/

Have a great weekend.

20 Comments on What can I do?

1. batman26618
    April 20, 2013 at 5:34 pm (11 years ago)

I think that earth day does matter because if you want a home then you need to keep it safe.On earth you can help by turning of your lights,help pick up litter,put stuff in the right,and more stuff.So I think earth day should important.In my house I would use less light,recycling,less electronic,and more.

2. kylawinger
    April 20, 2013 at 11:52 pm (11 years ago)

Me and my family will do even more recycleing than we do now,and we will plant trees, ride a bike instead of a car.

3. kaileyfrost
    April 21, 2013 at 9:54 am (11 years ago)

This week, me and my family will be gardening a lot if the weather turns out. If it doesn’t, we still have many plants that we have growing in our house and when they get bigger we will move them outside. We will also be saving as much energy as we can. That means turning off the light when they don’t need to be on(with our house, when it is sunny out light just fills our house with light cause our house has an open concept).It also means we will try not to watch TV as much and go outside more often. Last but not least, we are going to pick up some garbage around our neighbourhood. I think that earth day really does matter because our world population is growing and that means there will probably be more garbage even though there already is so much. It is also the only day that we help save our earth out of 365 days in a year. Half the time people don’t even know what earth day is and we need to educate those people on how powerful earth day can be if everyone joins together to do something.

4. kindreebrady
    April 21, 2013 at 10:35 am (11 years ago)

Earth Day Really Matters!!
    I believe that Earth Day really matters because it is a human responsibility to help the Earth be healthier for people and animals. It is up to us to make positive changes everyday.
    Three things may family will do:
    1. Always conserve energy turning lights off when you don’t need them.
    2. Use less water.
    3. Not buying bottles of water – using our own reusable water bottles.
    Our family was always appreciated nature and we visit the Toronto Zoo regularly. visit this website: http://www.earthday.ca/pub/

5. yashviparmar
    April 21, 2013 at 11:30 am (11 years ago)

Earth day is important!We have a awesome earth so we are the ones who are responsible for the earth.Garbage is everywhere now it is not in the place that it s meant to be in.There so much pollution around here we are not destroying habitats for animals by polluting we are also making our earth horrible.Every little that is not right to do will slowly make a big mess.So on earth day we are saying no more of bad things like littering will slowly make our earth cleaner.small changes can slowly make a big difference and keep this great earth the way it is meant to be.The perfect example is if you buy a new toy and you play with it harsh it will break and you will be sad.For the earth the same thing so before we make the mistake let s take care of our earth.lets celebrate earth day!

6. Om
    April 21, 2013 at 12:59 pm (11 years ago)

Earth day does matter because if we want to keep our earth clean and green then everybody will do a little bit everyday then it would be a lot easier to make the earth clean and green. Examples: instead of driving to the grocery store walk or bike to the grocery store because there won’t be a lot of pollution and dirt in the sky. We should not put chemicals in the lakes because then it will poison the animals that drink that water and eventually those animal that drank that water will die.

7. aleem
    April 21, 2013 at 1:26 pm (11 years ago)

The three things that I did on earth day. The first thing I did to be green was to take a shorter shower. Also I biked to the grocery store with my dad instead of driving. Lastly, I turned off the tap while I was brushing my teeth.
    I think earth day is important because on earth day you clean up parts of the world. For example you can pick up litter or try to recycle. We only have one earth that we can live on so we have to keep clean.

8. anika
    April 21, 2013 at 6:07 pm (11 years ago)

This week my family and I will not be using lots of energy – that means we are not going to be using lots of lights. We hope it will be sunny so that we can have natural light throughout our house. We will not be spending a lot of time on our devices, instead we will be reading more and playing board games together. Also, if the weather is good,we may do some gardening, for example, planting some flowers in our front yard. The last thing were going do, is go around the neighbourhood and pick up some garbage. Earth day is really important to me it makes me feel so happy that am doing little things to make the world better. Garbage is polluting our earth and we need to stop it. It is also harming animals and their habitats. We should not only be helping the earth on earth day we should try and do it every day. If we keep doing little things to help the earth we could make it a better place.

9. amrita
    April 21, 2013 at 6:12 pm (11 years ago)

My family and I are going to the park to pick up litter. We also are going to make crafts out of recyclable items!!Finally we are going to try to walk or ride our bikes instead of travelling in cars. Earth Day is important… some people think that if they litter one thing it wont make a difference but IT DOES make a difference. Imagine if everyone threw one piece of litter that would make mountains of litter as it would be billions of pieces!!!!
    If you dont use electricity for an hour to particapate in earth day that would also help. Less electricty means using less earth supplies (gas,oil,water) which we can then use for longer. Then maybe one day we wont have electricity since it will be all used up, could you ever imagine a world without electricity??!!

10. viduni
    April 21, 2013 at 9:13 pm (11 years ago)

Earth day is important! WE are lucky to live on such an amazing earth day it’s our job to take care of the earth. The earth gives us shelter, food, warmth, and many more, the least we can do is try to look after it. There is so much more pollution than there was 100 years ago, so many more animal’s are endangered and some even extinct. You can make a difference, every little thing count’s. This earth day my family is going to turn of all the water pipes, go to the basement and played a few games. By turning off the water pipes we tried to prevent another Garbage Patch like the one in the Pacific Ocean. Second we are going to turn off all of the light’s when there was still sunlight outside. We opened the blinds and shutters and let the sunlight in. We also opened the windows letting in a little air. The third thing that we are going to do for earth day was that we rode our bikes and scooters instead of going by car. By doing this we didn’t pollute as much and we were exercising. In my opinion earth day matters. I think we should care for the earth this is the only day out of 365 that we care for the earth. We can achieve anything if we try, nothing is impossible.

11. chrismyrox
    April 22, 2013 at 9:20 am (11 years ago)

This weekend me and my family will garden. We will pick up garbage. And last but not least we will not use our cars and we will go green by biking and walking to places. So thats what I have to say about what me and my family will do for earth day.

12. sonia18
    April 22, 2013 at 9:33 am (11 years ago)

the three things I did on earth day was: walk to school, turn off the lights, and reuse things. Earth Day is important because we need to keep the earth clean be

13. bavita
    April 22, 2013 at 9:43 am (11 years ago)

1.Recycle
    2.Walk to school
    3.Reuse things

We have to keep our earth nice and green and clean so we can have fresher air to breathe. Everyone is lucky to live on this earth so if you love this earth keep clean. So plant trees,flowers,pick up garbage and more. Everyone must do their part no matter how small. Making a difference is the goodist thing you will ever do in your life.Clean up your yard and recylce reduse and reuse. So celabrate earthday♥♥

14. sonia18
    April 22, 2013 at 9:44 am (11 years ago)

the three things I did was on earth was: walk to school, turn off the lights, and reuse things. Earth Day is important because we need to keep the earth clean. We need to keep the earth clean or it will smell really bad, I think that recycling is important because the earth will be all icky if we dont recycle

15. farahhabibi
    April 22, 2013 at 9:57 am (11 years ago)

Earth Day is an special day on which events are held worldwide to show support for environmental protection. The three things I will do on Earth Day is…
    1.Reuse,Reduce,Recycle
    2.Turn off taps when not using
    3.plant trees and more flowers
    Those are some things we can do on earth day. Earth day is a day when people all around the world do something that can make a big difference. Most people recycle and think that after Earth Day it does not matter if we do not recycle. But it does matter to alot of people in this world who does not know what recycling is or in some other places people think it is not important. Planting more things will be making a big difference to our world. Riding your bike can be making a big difference
    to those people who don’t like gas or pollution. Some people do a yard clean-up by their house. If you can’t go outside and do any cleanup or any other things than there isn’t everything we can do outside,we can do things indoor to support Earthday like use less electricity or use less power for stove and other things. Everyone must do their part, no matter how small it is. Earth day is a day when everyone must do something that helps the earth. Happy Earth Day!!!!!

16. souvik
    April 22, 2013 at 9:59 am (11 years ago)

Earth day matters!! If we pollute the earth the only victims are us ourselevs. Here’s why.. so if we pollute the earth and promote global warming we will die but the Earth will regenerate after about 1 million years and all the animals will evolve after another million years if aliens come they won’t even think there was humans on this planet, it will all be okay but without us. Here is what my family is going to do to save our only planet,we will do some extra gardening. Planting small plants and growing them. We will also bike and walk instead of taking the car. Like when I am biking to school. We will also recycle our coke cans,paper and other paper materials.

17. missmander
    April 22, 2013 at 10:04 am (11 years ago)

My family I think dose not even know that it is even Earth week. I will tell them. The things we will do would be to save water by take shorter showers and probly less. My dad will instst that we walk more instead of driveing, so that meens we will have to walk to metro and other places. The third thing we will try to do is use less electicty, my brothers are the on you cauesed that because they are always on the Xbox ( they caused globle warming). There is one more thing we will do is to eat more organic and less packaged.

18. Tasmiah
    April 23, 2013 at 6:29 pm (11 years ago)

Our earth is truly a magnificent place.And earth day is important.It educates us about what we have and what we are losing by acting in ways that aren’t environmentally friendly.Earth day reminds that we need to take action now to protect our environment before it is too late.Earth day raises an awareness to save the earth.Thats why this year my family is going to use solar panels to generate less electricity to help the enviorment.I hope that one day people will change their ways and start respecting the delicate balance of our planet earth.
    🙂

19. trad
    April 24, 2013 at 11:23 am (11 years ago)

earth day is really important and the things that i will do for earth day is,that i will conerve enrgy by turning off the lights.also i will recycle more so are earth dosnt become a huge big ball of garbage.and i will use less water because we need water and without water we will all die and we need clean water.

20. hafsa jamal
    April 24, 2013 at 11:26 am (11 years ago)

this weekend me and my family will save water,plant different types of plants and walk to school insted of a car and happy earth day!