Hero Stories

Hero Stories.

Who in your life do you look up to?  Why? What characteristics would you like to emulate or be like?

Tell us, as we all would like to learn more about who is important to you.

Write about this person.

Please back up your selection with evidence that would make us truly respect and want to meet this person that you admire.

Checklist:

____: a good/catchy opening sentence.

____: evidence to support my statements

____: feelings or emotions that make your bio story real to you (personal experiences)

____: a great closing to your paragraph (1 or 2 sentences)

16 Comments on Hero Stories

1. anami
    September 30, 2011 at 5:24 pm (13 years ago)

Terry fox was a very nice and good person who ran for the children in the hospital. even though he had cancer on his leg and then in his lungs. it must have been very difficult for him to run like that and esipally with only one leg. terry fox is a very helpful and brave person.

2. sakshi
    September 30, 2011 at 6:03 pm (13 years ago)

I look up to my mother she is the best. First of all she is a neat freak she keeps all her stuff so neatly. She also keeps the kitchen so clean it is never dirty. Just compare me with her we are the opisite. My things are like all over the place. second of all my mother is a very good cook. She cooks such good indian food, mexican, and chinise food. when I try to make some kind of food it turns out to be horrible.
    that is why I look up to my mother.

3. krithan
    September 30, 2011 at 7:31 pm (13 years ago)

GOAL!!!!!! and Canada scores the goal in overtime and wins gold in mens hockey in the 2010 olympic.SidneyCrosby is my hero cause he is the one that scored in overtime so thats how they won gold in the olympic.Since Canada won gold that made them get the most gold in one year and it was the first time they got gold in the winter olympic.So thats why he is my hero.I would probably say he is one of the best hockey players around at this time!!

4. Ariq Ahsan
    October 1, 2011 at 11:45 am (13 years ago)

One of the people i look up to is Rick Hansen. Some reasons I look up to Rick Hansen is he has helped many people. Rick Hansen traveled through over 34 countries to help donate money to people with spinal cord injury as he also had spinal cord injury and traveled the world on a wheel chair. Rick Hansen got spinal cord injury because in his younger life he was thrown from the back of a pick truck and his spinal cord was broken. Spinal cord injury is a major thing because if you break your spinal cord you can’t move your legs or even so major you can’t move your legs or your hands.Rick Hansen started his man in motion tour as it was called in New fond land and then later came back in Vancouver. Later on Rick Hansen came back and bunjy jumped of a 360 feet structure on a wheel chair. For these reasons Rick Hansen is a great person to took up to and he also proved that one person can make a big difference.

5. mackenzie
    October 1, 2011 at 12:07 pm (13 years ago)

Billy talent, green day, blink 182 these are some of the bands that i here my brother listen to that inspire him i listen to my brother play his drums and it inspires me i have just started playing drums myself, he didn’t just start inspiring me now but when i was younger he had a mini drum set and he use to play on it and i would love it so he has always really inspired me so i really look up to him

6. hala
    October 1, 2011 at 3:41 pm (13 years ago)

The person i look up to is Rick Hanson.
    my hero is rick hanson because he did something a little like terry fox did.He went around the world in a wheel chair and raised money for people with spinal cord injuries and he has foundations to help people too.

7. Ananya
    October 1, 2011 at 7:53 pm (13 years ago)

The person I look up to is my mom because she is the best mom ever. She encourages me to always try my best and she is really supportive. Whenever I get a something wrong she says “Good Try, You will do better next time”. She tells me practice makes perfect. She is always there for me like once I fell down and she helped me up or when I was sick she took care of me. She is really caring and nice. She helps me with my homework and she teaches me things that I don’t know. Also gives me good advice. She makes yummy food and she cleans everything so that’s why she is my Supermom. She takes me to cool places like the water park and Canada’s Wonderland. I really appreciate my mom and that’s why I look up to my mom:):):)

8. Ryan
    October 2, 2011 at 10:38 am (13 years ago)

The person I look up to is wayne gretzky because he is the best hockey player ever and I love hockey and that is why I look up to wayne gretzky

9. Luka
    October 2, 2011 at 11:17 am (13 years ago)

one of the people I look up to is my brother. he has intradused me into rock music and he incouraged me to play drums at the age of 6. i want to be like my brother because his main insturment is guitare but he also playes bass guitare he wants me to teach him drums,and piano finaly as his second insturment in high school will be trumpet. he is alwase nice and supportive and lets me use alot of his things like his i phone some times. and thats why i look up to my brother.

10. luke
    October 2, 2011 at 1:33 pm (13 years ago)

Glove save by Carey Price what in amazing save. Carey Price is my hero because he inspired me to be a goalie. Hes a great guy soon to be one of the best goalie’s in the world. His charity ishttp://www.carsonkolzigfoundation.org/

11. elijah
    October 2, 2011 at 3:07 pm (13 years ago)

The person i look up to is my dad.I look up to my dad because he was always there for me.The other reason i look to my dad is because he take with my mom.The other reason i look to my dad because he always push me to be good at something.that are all the reason i look up to my dad.

12. Aya
    October 2, 2011 at 7:03 pm (13 years ago)

I look up to be like terry fox. Because he ran around Canada when he had cancer and because he was brave and never gave up to help people who have cancer like him.And because he tried to raise as much money as he can to help patient with cancer. He was a great man and make difference in life.

13. Rhianne
    October 2, 2011 at 8:35 pm (13 years ago)

I look up to my parents. I love them because they are sweet, kind, loving, caring and helpful. And they love me just because I am me. They buy me things like clothes, food, books, bikes, backpacks and lunchboxes. They help me with my homework, no matter how long it takes me to do my homework they are always there for me. They look after me when I am sick, they stay home with me, they give me medicine and they lay with me and help make me feel better. They play with me after school like board games and card games. We also play outside and then we go for a bike ride to the park and play there. They take me on trips and on vacations. We went on a plane to Prince Edward Island and we always go to Port Dover. We have also gone to Niagara Falls, Florida, Vermont and Montreal. That’s all the reasons why I look up to my parents.

14. cam
    October 2, 2011 at 9:35 pm (13 years ago)

The person I look up to is Dr. Comanwood.She is a surgeon at Credit Valley hospital.When i was six weeks old I had a problem swallowing food.I had to go to the hospital to find out what was wrong with me.They did a ultrasound and found out I would need surgery in my throat.The next day .Dr Comanwood performed an operation to fix the muscle in my throat.I had to stay in the hospital to recover for three days.When I got home I could eat normally again.This is why Dr. Comanwood is my hero.

—great paragraph Cameron.:.and a great choice
    For a hero. I really enjoyed what you wrote here.
    Aweseome job—mr woods

15. nethra
    October 3, 2011 at 4:51 pm (13 years ago)

I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine – she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights. ~Terri Guillemets

My mother sacrificed her successful career in painting for us.

She stays at home to take care of my brother and me.

Painting & Gardening is her passion.

– She is caring, thoughtful, and patient.
    -She gives me tips and helps me when I need help.
    -She is always there for us.
    -She gives us good food to eat.
    – She stays up all night when I am sick.

One day I hope to be a good role model as her

16. rasheda
    October 3, 2011 at 6:48 pm (13 years ago)

i look up to my mother she is funny my mother is the most caring and good person to talk to she will try her best to get you something that you always wanted she listens to you she lets you do anything up to a point and is very protective of my family and friends she is fun she tought me to be like your yourself and everything will be fine she tought me that when i was only 6 years old and had always be there when i had needed her she in courges me to do the best i possibly can do she lets me belive that my dreams can come true she can be up until 1:00 just to make my family some dinner for the next day those are the reasons why i know my hero is my mother.